ID this plug

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

ID this plug

Post by Rhoad Racing »

I have a plug in my Jeep that me nor the guys on JeepsUnlimited can figure out. Any idea what it might be? And no... its not the OBD2 connection.

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Re: ID this plug

Post by jsquared »

I had something similar on my old Blazer, it was an anti-theft device. I think you can take the insert out and disable the vehicle entirely if youre planning to store it or something.
siccccckkkkkkkk
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

hmmm interesting. But fuck that. It NEEDS to be a trailer brake controller connection. LOL
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

It very well could be, mine was a Chevy and looked more OEm than that. Yours looks like an add-on maybe.
siccccckkkkkkkk
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

That definitely looks after-market, my guess would also be an alarm or something.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

yeah it is a security thing, take the cover off and it will not start. if you don't have the big round 6 pin connector in the rear of the car it will not have a trailer brake plug in the front and it will be a little more work to wire in.
Zigerus
Clam Salesman

Post by Zigerus »

I thought Trailer set up. But that would be a "High end" one from a few years ago. Then again if you don't have a 7 way or a 4 way on the back of the jeep it's for sure not it.

You could always take a test light take the cover off, turn a blinker on and then start testing the connectors in it. If you get one that blinks it would be a trailer connection.
Control Freaks!~ http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throttle fixes everything. Love is kissing your rear bumper into a snowbank at 40 mph and not leaving a scratch. If hookers carried active differentials in their purses and knew how to use 'em, I wouldn't be married. Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem. Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer. If the car isn't moving around under power, you are a small, testicle-free squirrel. The handbrake fixes everything left-foot braking doesn't fix, including philosophical issues with most major religions and the heartbreakingly impossible question of what you should have for dinner*.