hey...im new..

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

felipe
Fresh Meat

hey...im new..

Post by felipe »

Hey...
Im phil from Germany. Im looking for some for a good car, to get into drifting. I already read some stuff about that tpoic, but the problemis, that there arent any 240s, silvias and truenos in germany. So what would u recommend to learn drifting?
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

E30 BMW, MX5, 944 Turbo, etc.
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

with you being in germany the E30 and E36 bmw's are probably super cheap. then again, i don't know a thing about their vehicle standards so i'm just guessing.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

you will want a car that its easy to find replacement parts for. you will break parts. check out salvage/junk yards in your area, whatever RWD cars you see the most of are probably a good bet for a drift vehicle.

E30!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

E30's are inexpensive... E36's have a longer wheelbase to my knowledge. Either way... as a BMW drifter... that gets my vote - especially if you're in Germany!

Welcome to the madness. We're all crazy here.
:)
Loki_LaVey6
Ripe Meat

Post by Loki_LaVey6 »

DUDe at least your not in Korea. All I have to look at is Daewoo, Hyundi, and Samsung and they are all FWD.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

e30
felipe
Fresh Meat

Post by felipe »

i looked for some used cars... (mostly at www.mobile.de)
u can get a '90 e30 w/ about 60k miles for 3000$,
a 87 supra w/ 30k miles is only about 1500$, a '87 rx7 70k miles 2000$ and a '83 944 70k miles 2000$.
so what would u recommend to buy? Can I drift any of these cars more or less stock at the beginning?
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

FOERST make sure none of the cars are rustbuckets and that they run properly with no real issues. any small issue it may have when you buy it will only worsen once you start swinging the car around unless you can completely fix the issue. make sure to check the vehicles history too. mileage is always a defining factor unless you are planning an engine swap. so make sure to get the chassis mileage and the engine mileage (engines get rebuilt;typically a chassis does not).

then find out what cars you can easily find replacement parts and aftermarket parts for? make sure you can find things like swaybars, VLSD or LSD, coilovers, other suspension pieces (different for most cars), and of course power goodies. those will be some of the FOERST mods you will want. after searching for parts if you still have a couple cars left look at insurance costs and regular service costs. sometimes they can differ greatly from one model car to the next.

otherwise the rotarty engine tends to be finicky and likes alot of attention....this is all from what i have heard.....but a factor none the less.
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

i knwo you can drift the rx-7. ive got one and love driving it. they really are fun cars, plus helps they are light as shit
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

E30.
;)
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

andysapp wrote:E30.
;)
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

down_shift wrote:
andysapp wrote:E30.
;)
+1, I have one!
felipe
Fresh Meat

Post by felipe »

is a '83 944 Porsche or a '87 toyota supra good for drifting?
they both have about 100k miles and the price is 2100 for the Porsche and 1500 for the toyota...is that too much?
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

whichever one is going to be easier to maintain. i think it would be fun to drift a porsche.
please believe