S14 Help . . . .

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

PostScript
Fresh Meat

S14 Help . . . .

Post by PostScript »

Alright guys, I'm an old school Toyota guy. I had a SR powered S13 a few years ago but never got really into it. I'm back for more Nissan love. I just picked up a S14 to drive every day while the damn Miata sits in the garage waiting for a clutch and other little bits. I'll be driving it for the next few weeks until the Miata can resume its daily responsibilities. Once that happened, I figured I'd pull the motor and stuff it into my '73 510 that is already modded to fit a KA. I know nothing about the aftermarket of these cars, whats good, where to spend money, etc. I'm left with a '95 base shell, where should I take it? I'm 100% positive I don't want an SR again. I've been debating swapping a LS1. I have a friend that owns a vette shop and know I can get hooked up with parts and know-how on those motors. Any thoughts on that?

The FOERST thing I NEED for the car is suspension. This thing rides like a blown Cadillac on the highway. I was gonna go cheap and pick up some Megan's before seeing these at Jarco: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0224350850

For the same pice I assume ya'll would slap me for going Megan. If they get bidded up, are these THAT much better or just another fancy name drop? I'll be converting to 5-lug soon and getting something to roll on other than steelies with gay hub-caps, then doing the motor work. I sold a few project cars, sold my Camaro, and cleaned the garage of extra parts I've been sitting on to collect some cash to be ready for this car, I just need some guidance. 240SX forums SUCK from what I've seen so far.

-Justin
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

yea 240 forums are electronic AIDS.

buy my stuff. Ill give you a better deal.
http://www.driftmechaniks.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5379
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
PostScript
Fresh Meat

Post by PostScript »

I gotta go lower man. I might get 'em from you for now but I know I'm gonna want some full coil-overs and then some. My sister might get this '95 se I found her. If she does I might have my parents pick those up from you for her b-day.

-Justin
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

yea I hear ya. I got them as a temp solution and ended up using them longer than expected. really good bang for the buck.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

a little high for used coils in my opinion.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i agree with matt. i would get new megans before i got used coils for that much. however you can find used coils for around $400 on ebay sometimes and in that case i would go for it. these are from a TN forum: http://www.tennspeed.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7240
Used Kei office TD-II coilovers.
They are height and dampening adjustable. Also have pillowball mounts
3 in good condition, one needs rebuilt.
Just mounted them on my car, never even got to drive on them.

The Good: They're kei office. astounding quality and performance. Full height adjustment, pillowball mounts, dampening adjustment.

The bad: One needs rebuilt. But it's just a seal, any local bike/high performance shock shop could rebuild it. Just need parts.

I'm asking $600 plus shipping.
These are an amazing set of coilovers, and with a rebuild will make someone very happy.
I just would like a pants set up.

So that being said...$600 + shipping.

Pics will be sent upon request, Just PM me your email and I'll send them to you
if you can get him to go lower on price those are totally worth it. i just don't know who you would get to rebuild them.
please believe
The Yousef
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by The Yousef »

YOU GOT ANOTHER 240!?!!??!?!

AFTER ALL THE SHIT WE TALKED ABOUT THEM?!?!?!?!

you make the yousef sad in the pants... :(
S3's Token Minority

I PUT THE F.U. IN FUN...

CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i have megans and they're fine.

i also have my old stuff (mismatched springs consisting of eibach and intrax) with AGX's (mind you one is slightly bent, but it was on my car that way for a full year) that i'll practically give away if for some odd reason you might want them ($75 or so? don't really care, just wanna get them out of here).
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i run megans on my s13 and struka has them on his 14. we got them for like 800 shipped from this guy http://www.undergroundmotorsports.com/ if you end up going that route.
please believe
PostScript
Fresh Meat

Post by PostScript »

Well it sounds like I'll be ordering Megan's. I was going to try them on my Corolla but they have been backordered for the past month. Might just get both sets when they finally get back in stock.

-Justin
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

P.Haire wrote:i run megans on my s13 and struka has them on his 14. we got them for like 800 shipped from this guy http://www.undergroundmotorsports.com/ if you end up going that route.
patrick has the streets and i have the tracks...