Rebuilding coilovers?

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

charlie
Eet Bacon

Rebuilding coilovers?

Post by charlie »

Anybody have some insight for me? I've got the Tein Flex setup so graciously provided by none other than TYLORZZ and installed by Teh GREAT Gregosaurus but I feel like I'm hearing clicking with more and more frequency, namely the front passenger side.

Honestly I don't know the mileage as they were on Tyler's GC when he bought it. Someone on another forum said Teins are good for 30-60k. Someone else said rebuild every 15k but that's probably for people that track and auto-X which I don't. I've probably put around 25k on them if I had to guess.

So should I just wait for some shit to blow up?
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

i would check to see that none of the camber bolts are loose or the top nut. then let it ride. turn knob to right.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

you can just send them back to tein usa.
please believe
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

damn sorry to hear. i would do what matt suggested and just make sure everything it nice and tight. anything being even slightly loose is not good and will cause more than just noise if left unchecked.

thanks to my foerst motorwerks training i get to sound all proper.