atlanta motorsports park

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Tally is too small for drifting from what I remember. I hit a couple corners with some angle... but not for long.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Even if they are not "drift friendly" I think its sounds like a successful idea if handled properly.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

When Chris and I were trying to get the ball rolling good on this, we had 300 acres lined up. It was 1 mile long by 1/2 mile wide. We had a 1.5 mile road coarse designed, a 1/4 mile by 1/8 mile skid pad, pit garages, and a really nice guest and members building. We were gonna do the members club thing as well. we had designed it to cater to Road Racing, Bikes, Drifting, Karts, Time Attack and anything else that came our way and that we could fit in our schedule. And our track was going to be 35' to 40' wide depending on the turns and runoff.
I bailed when one of the partners (Marat), who was our main contact for the investor, stole $350 from me. I can't go into a multi-million dollar deal with someone if I can't even trust them with $350. I'm not going to be the one holding the reigns when that puppy falls. Haha. No Thanks! Not to mention that the whole time we were busting our asses to get this off the ground in less than 9 months we never once met or had any contact with said Investor.

Anyway, I sound like I'm a still a little bent over the wasted time and lost money, but I'm not. I just know what kind of person that Marat is and I don't forget people that steal from me. Karma is a bitch and I've seen it served equally and fairly over the years. So I'm cool with the way things turned out.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

good you are with the karma.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

down_shift wrote:Even if they are not "cocaine binge" I think its sounds like a successful idea if handled properly.
go fast or die
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

ChadMK4 wrote:When Chris and I were trying to get the ball rolling good on this, we had 300 acres lined up. It was 1 mile long by 1/2 mile wide. We had a 1.5 mile road coarse designed, a 1/4 mile by 1/8 mile skid pad, pit garages, and a really nice guest and members building. We were gonna do the members club thing as well. we had designed it to cater to Road Racing, Bikes, Drifting, Karts, Time Attack and anything else that came our way and that we could fit in our schedule. And our track was going to be 35' to 40' wide depending on the turns and runoff.
I bailed when one of the partners (Marat), who was our main contact for the investor, stole $350 from me. I can't go into a multi-million dollar deal with someone if I can't even trust them with $350. I'm not going to be the one holding the reigns when that puppy falls. Haha. No Thanks! Not to mention that the whole time we were busting our asses to get this off the ground in less than 9 months we never once met or had any contact with said Investor.

Anyway, I sound like I'm a still a little bent over the wasted time and lost money, but I'm not. I just know what kind of person that Marat is and I don't forget people that steal from me. Karma is a bitch and I've seen it served equally and fairly over the years. So I'm cool with the way things turned out.

Was that the guy that had the RHD rx7 and worked at Andretti?

If so he left it running in front of his house and it got stolen and wrecked. So there's your Karma if that's the same dude. I don't know him though.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

I didnt' hear about a RHD RX-7 But he did work at Andretti in sales for a while after working for me on the track. He got fired from there from what they were telling me because he couldn't follow through with what he was promising clients and that he was basically full of Crap. But I've known that for a while now. :)

Anyway, sorry for running off topic.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

Karma hell... he has a M3 now :roll:
Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank

Post by Frosty_SPL »

a little birdy told me there are plans of another track in north GA. The land is already owned by one of the investors, and they do have shittons of money to make it happen.

So if the one you guys are talking about doesn't go down, this one might. :D
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
Ted J
Fresh Meat

Post by Ted J »

Sorry to bring this thread back be it a few months old but any updates on this track?
Ted

Project 346SX - In the works, Twin cam KA24 has been taken out, Single cam "KA24 to the power of 2" LS1 transplanted in!!

Video of some 0-60-0 Runs of the car at the Year One Experience '07
Ted J
Fresh Meat

Post by Ted J »

Frosty_SPL wrote:a little birdy told me there are plans of another track in north GA. The land is already owned by one of the investors, and they do have shittons of money to make it happen.

So if the one you guys are talking about doesn't go down, this one might. :D
That little birdy have any info as to a guess as to where in North GA it's at? Just trying to get an idea of where it might be at.

I'd really love if somebody opened up a place to ride ATV's (4 wheelers) near by as well for the places I go too are 2 hour drives and if it was closer to the metro and had a track to cater to autocross and drift type cars and had trails for 4 wheelers on the land as well to use up the land nicely it would stay pretty busy but I dunno, maybe that's just one of my little dream combos and it's just that, a dream! :D
Ted

Project 346SX - In the works, Twin cam KA24 has been taken out, Single cam "KA24 to the power of 2" LS1 transplanted in!!

Video of some 0-60-0 Runs of the car at the Year One Experience '07
Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank

Post by Frosty_SPL »

I heard about it months ago, i don't remember where it was suppose to be.
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

awesome bill from dawsonville. at least that was the last rumor i heard.
please believe
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Bob McCoy
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

It's a shame Bob McCoy doesn't rhyme with Heaven.