3 DAYS TIL EVENT, PLEASE HELP! CLUTCH PROB!

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

3 DAYS TIL EVENT, PLEASE HELP! CLUTCH PROB!

Post by blink182house »

i installed a xtd stage 3 clutch/pressure plate on my car when my sr came in, installed and everything, got the car running, drove around the block a few times and the pedal would engage/disengage the clutch really low like almost to the floor. so i adjusted the master cylinder arm some and ended up blowing the slave cylinder. replaced slave cylinder, moved master arm back some, now having problems getting car in gear at all! so i figured i way overtightend the pressure plate and the forks on the plate were so tight down that the throwout bearing wasnt even barely reaching them.

i redid my clutch and pressure plate and i noticed the forks on the pressure plate were not so low. then reassembled and it still was doing the same thing, so i bought ANOTHER new master cyl (also just replace slave cyl again) and bled the clutch. here's the deal, my car will go into gear sitting still with motor off. clutch pedal is pretty damn soft and doesnt come but only halfway up from the floor. when car is running and i push clutch pedal down and go to put it in 1st, it wont go in gear and the car budges forward as if its trying to engage with the pedal down still. i have a brand new xtd stage 3 pressure plate/clutch, i did not replace the pilot or throwout bearing but im pretty sure they're both find and working. the master and slave cyl are both new and have been bled with no air in line. the bellhousing fork is on the pivot nipple and the clips are on the throwout bearing correctly and slide freely on the tranny shaft. any ideas as to wtf is going on?! the only other thing i can think of is that this XTD off-brand crap clutch/pressure plate is bullshit and i need to swap back to the oem pressure plate and clutch that came with the motor, which are in DECENT condition, prob for sure enough to get me through the drift day.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Re: 3 DAYS TIL EVENT, PLEASE HELP! CLUTCH PROB!

Post by blink182house »

dampener deleted and the soft line is a ss line, no leaks where hardline and softline are connected, nor where softline enters slave, nor where hardline enter master.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

buy shitty clutch get shit clutch.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

google search shows lots of bad reviews and pissed of buyers on various forums.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

well swapped the oem clutch and press plate back on, same dealio. losing pressure somewhere cause my dad is pushing the pedal down and i can hold the fork. new master, new slave, new ss soft line, deleted damper, no leaks on hardline. blah. ima try swapping the softline tomorrow, and then just work my way from the slave up tot he master seeing where im losing pressure if that doesnt work.
matts13

Post by matts13 »

might still have air in it. or you fork is not attched to the pivit ball.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

well anyways guys dropped the tranny and swapped the oem clutch/pressure plate back on, checked everything. the throwout bearing is fine, mounted correctly, clipped on correctly, the fork is straight and on correctly. reinstalled and same problem. bled, same prob. brand new master and slave, no dampener, so we're thinking somewhere im losing pressure cause i was pressing the pedal to the floor and my dad held the slave cyl in... which if you know, if its got pressure in the system there's no way you can hold it.
matts13

Post by matts13 »

did you crip off you hard line?
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

crip? wrong nation homie.

so yesterday swapped a new oem line on, softline, blew air through the hardline and installed the soft line, then went and got another new slave from O'Reily's this time, made in italy not mexico or china, and then i realized i kept having a little dripple leak between ssoftline and slave, so i noticed a little recession in the slave and went and got a copper crush washer and put it in there, sealed it up. bled clutch til no air, still feels like crap. im pretty sure my spring on my pedal is broke, so im goign gto fix that FOERST, and then go from there. looks like i will be helping run this event more than drive though, no worries.