please help with coilovers!

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

scotts14
Fresh Meat

please help with coilovers!

Post by scotts14 »

im having a very hard time figuring out which set of coilovers that i want for my 97 240sx.i want a set with upper-pillow mounts but not sure if adjustable shocks are going to be need for my application. i do not want to spend more than 1600. my car is a daily driver and comfort is not a concern. i accasionaly practice drifting whenever i get a chance. another thing i dont know if i should get coilovers with ride hieght and spring pre-load seperate or not.here are couple of sets i have considered

jic flt-a1
tanabe ss II
kei office te and gx
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i've heard some people complain about the quality of JIC's which has kinda put me off about them, but then again some people seem to love them.

i don't know much at all about the tanabe's.

i've heard tons of good stuff about the kei offices and am attempting to get a set for myself, so they seem pretty good.

as far as others go, the new tein super drifts seem fairly appealing, and i've also heard some great stuff about the apex'i N1 pros (i think they're a little above the $1600 limit though). sorry i'm not of too much help, but maybe some other people will have input.
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

JICs are good if you get the A2s

dont know much about tanabe..

Kei-Office from what i hear are amazing. but im not sure which models and such...

arnt all coilovers ride height adjustable...? :?
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

from what my friend has told me about kei office from the people he knows who run them on their cars, they are amazing but need to be rebuilt more often because of how stiff the dampening and spring rates are, and that they would need to be shipped off to japan to be rebuilt. but things might have changed since then, i dont know. what i do know is that if i had enough money my car would be siiting on some keioffice coilovers. right now i have to settle for race springs on stock shocks until i get some money saved up for some AGX's to hold me over until after i get a kAAz, roll bar, seat brackets, another race seat, and perhaps some more wheels. any and all donations welcome. :D
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
AadosX
Fresh Meat

Post by AadosX »

Tein SuperDrifts (formerly HEs) if you want stiff and Tein FLEX if you want not so stiff but still stiff...

Or, KTS... http://www.splparts.com
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

check out silkroads too
bighuyner
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bighuyner »

Whiteline just released some coilovers for s13 and s14. check them out at http://www.pdm-racing.com
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Did anyone mention KTS?
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
AadosX
Fresh Meat

Post by AadosX »

down_shift wrote:Did anyone mention KTS?
Are you kidding? LOL can't you read!?
AadosX wrote:Or, KTS... http://www.splparts.com
:lol:

*edit* maybe you really were kidding?
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

maybe you really were kidding?
Or maybe I missed it.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
217zenki
Fresh Meat

Post by 217zenki »

Dude get the super drifts ...10k front 8k rear there still and ca suck at times if u daily drive your car like i , but if u can bare threw it there well worth it ...Look around tho because i got suckered into 1500 for them but u can find them for 1300 option auto salon.