Clear to Drift Notes:
A) Tech Inspection:
Tech inspection will be held to the rules set forth by Streetwisedrift. The rules can be found at: http://www.streetwisedrift.com/wp-conte ... _Rules.pdf
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PLEASE read the entire section and come with a properly prepared car. The rules are not that hard to comply with and there are no compromises on them.
B) What to bring:
Fluids for you and your car. It is June and it will be hot. Cars and people overheat. Watch your car temp. and be aware of the signs of heat exhaustion.
Bring plenty of tires, a jack and lugwrench, Misc tools. Shade canopies and chairs make for a more relaxing atmosphere.
Bring your camera or video recorders.
Bring your firesuits if you have them (Tandem only). Due to the outside temperatures we may be able to waive the firesuit rule but bring them just in case. This will be determined by the Streetwisedrift crew.
Bring your friends
C) Arriving on site the day of the event.
There will be a gate at the entrance to the airport. People attending this event will fall into one of the following categories:
1) Spectators. All spectators will park in the College parking lot just past the airport entrance. There will be a shuttle service from the parking lot to the entry gate. There spectators will pay their entry fees and proceed into the Airport property. Spectators are allowed in the car show, vendor and viewing areas. Spectators are not allowed in the pits or the hot track areas.
2) Car Show. Car show vehicles will be allowed to park in the front driveway area and to the left of the terminal in designated areas. Canopies may be placed behind the show cars in the grassy areas.
3) Vendors. Vendors will have assigned spaces.
4) Drag Race. Drivers will sign up at the front gate for this event. They will stage in the designated area and be escorted to the drag race area of the track at 10:45. Drivers participating in the Drift / Gymkhana may drag race ( if entered) when their run group in not on track.
5) Drift / Gymkhana Drivers and crew. Upon arrival at the entry gate ID will be checked for verification of participation. Your names and the names of your crew members (Already Submitted on Motorsportsreg.com during the registration process) will be on a list at the gate. You are allowed 2 crew members. Any last minute crew additions must purchase a Credential ( same price as general admission but with pit access) at the gate. People already on the list will proceed to the pit area check in and to pick up their pit credentials and tech sheets. PLEASE have your ID ready. This area is under the control of the TSA as this is an active airport. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) protects the nation's transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce. This will be a closed pit event, no access to the general public.
Upon arrival in the pit area, choose a pit location and unload your vehicle. Due to limited space we may require you to park your support vehicles in a designated (Secure and close by) area.
After unloading please proceed to the tech inspection area. Bring your helmet and tech sheet.
After successfully completing tech you will be placed in a run group. You will have Four choices of run group type:
A) Novice run group
B) Advanced Singles run group
C) Tandem run group ( Cages required )
Some will have a drift ( A, B or C) and gymkhana run group or gymkhana only.
The Drivers meeting will be held at 9:30 SHARP!!!! Miss it and you do not drive!
At the Drivers Meeting if you have questions please ask. There will be a course walk thru.
A lot of planning has gone into this event. Activities are planned for your entertainment throughout the day. Pay attention to the PA system for announcements of run groups and activities. Please enjoy yourself. Most of the drivers on the list have been to many events. If you are new to this please feel free to ask questions. If this is your FOERST drift event observe the advanced drivers and get a ride along to get the feel of where to be on the track.
There will be concrete barriers between the track and the spectator area. Hit the wall and you are done for the day. On the track (runway / taxiway areas) one tire off is acceptable. 2 tires off is not. All 4 off will get you a warning. repeated 4 wheeling will get you entered into the car show, (PARKED). Drive within your and your car's limits and abilities and you will be OK. Taxiway lights are very expensive.
This is a fund raising event for the city of Thomson and McDuffie county. If they do well we may have more events at this location.
Please address any questions to Howard at http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread ... ost1232054
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or email me at email@example.com