Spark Plug help with SR20DET

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

revel
Eet Bacon

Spark Plug help with SR20DET

Post by revel »

the 13 has been running a bit funny for a minute, so i decided to pull the spark plugs to see whats up. well they look cooked.

so after pulling the plugs found they are NGK R (BCPR5E-11) when i search out the part it states they are for a CA18DET. so what i am trying to find out is:

whats the best plug to go with now?

have GT2871R/FMIC/Z32 MAF/550cc/PowerFC installed on the SR20-so whats a good spark plug to use??????

thanks.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

the bent down part is not bad since you need to close the gap for the sr on higher boost. as for what plug to go buy i always go get plugs for a 92 300zxtt and i do with the ngk irdiom. i run about 25 plug gap on mine too. that looks to be around that size.
matts13

Post by matts13 »

also those are copper plugs run good out of the box but don't last very long so spend the money and get the good plugs.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

anyplace i can walk into (here in atl) and buy new spark plugs for a 92 300ZX TT- like NGK Iridiums?
matts13

Post by matts13 »

pep boys ussaly has them auto zone does not carry ngk advance carries ngk and nissan if you are felling baller.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

matts13 wrote:pep boys ussaly has them auto zone does not carry ngk advance carries ngk and nissan if you are felling baller.
whats the baller plug?

are the 300ZX TT a colder heat range or same as stock SR20?
matts13

Post by matts13 »

yeah i think so or they are the same plug, it would be the same plug if you got it at the boys or nissan they just charge more at nissan.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

i've seen many people actually lose power with iridium plugs. i never wasted the money on them, always used NGK BKR6E.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

icantdrift wrote:i've seen many people actually lose power with iridium plugs. i never wasted the money on them, always used NGK BKR6E.
i second that. 1 out of 1 nissan engineers that i know say only get ngk bkr*e. btw his car makes over 400hp to the wheels.
please believe
matts13

Post by matts13 »

i agree a fresh set of coppers will make more power 500 miles down the road they will make less power. the iridium stay more consistant. that is my opinoin
rotary_drift_dreams
Ripe Meat

Post by rotary_drift_dreams »

GC8VI wrote:
matts13 wrote:pep boys ussaly has them auto zone does not carry ngk advance carries ngk and nissan if you are felling baller.
whats the baller plug?

are the 300ZX TT a colder heat range or same as stock SR20?
lol@ baller plug
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

well just installed the NGK BKR6EIX-11s. no change to anything about the way the 13 drives. still stumbly under instant acceleration and still stalls out when i come to a stop. hopefully getting the powerfc tuned will change that. keeping fingers crossed.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

GC8VI wrote:well just installed the NGK BKR6EIX-11s. no change to anything about the way the 13 drives. still stumbly under instant acceleration and still stalls out when i come to a stop. hopefully getting the powerfc tuned will change that. keeping fingers crossed.
i could've told you that ;). i thought you had it tuned already.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

icantdrift wrote:
GC8VI wrote:well just installed the NGK BKR6EIX-11s. no change to anything about the way the 13 drives. still stumbly under instant acceleration and still stalls out when i come to a stop. hopefully getting the powerfc tuned will change that. keeping fingers crossed.
i could've told you that ;). i thought you had it tuned already.
well i was still hoping it would help. oh well.

gettin it tuned tuesday. plus having the boost controller setup as well
240sx Sr20 drifto
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by 240sx Sr20 drifto »

P.Haire wrote:
icantdrift wrote:i've seen many people actually lose power with iridium plugs. i never wasted the money on them, always used NGK BKR6E.
i second that. 1 out of 1 nissan engineers that i know say only get ngk bkr*e. btw his car makes over 400hp to the wheels.
Mr. CT , thats what i run is BK7e11 i believe on my SR.
T.C. " Sport" Cartwright
Driftinzzzz Creationzzzz