east vs West

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

DTCdrift
Ripe Meat

east vs West

Post by DTCdrift »

when i went to Buttonwillow this weekend, I got a chance to check out some local drifters from LA.... I wasn't very impressed... could be that
it was late in the day, but it seemed like those I saw in DC were better

kinda shocked, but then the lack of snow :wink: is a factor
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

East coast kids may have the snow/rain, but you guys out west have easier access to legal practice which makes learning SOOOOO much easier:)
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Ahhh, I'm fond of the days of snow drifting in NY. Too much fun!
That definitely factors in an advantage... on the filp side... most kids I know in snow country have a winter car. I guess at the end of the day skill is skill, and experience is experience... so it doesn't matter much what you're in.

I wonder what's the most industrial area in the states. That could spawn a "drift capitol" if you will. It'd be interesting to know what the most industrious areas are. Maybe move a bunch a kids there and OWN!!!!

Hahaha.
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat

Post by Drew@blitzkriegmedia »

Ive never been to a cali DD, so I cant comment on how good they are. If it is true, it could be because of alot of things. Biggest in my mind is the price different between a DD and DOW/DOF. By DOWs/DOFs being so cheap, the people with skill, but no money can still get alot of legal seat time.
marshun
Ripe Meat

Post by marshun »

this "you guys have tracks" excuse is lame. thats just how i see it.

we have ONE track here. just ONE. and an event once a month. theres no way anyone could get good off of that. everyone else jsut drifts wherever.
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

cali doesn't have tracks, Parkinglots is where DD came from. Irwindale isn't a track either. But I would still say the West will win.

Do I smell a future event?! I don't know what side I would sign up for. (If my fuckin car ever gets here HAHAHAHHA)
turbofb
Clam Salesman

Post by turbofb »

I think skill is something you have naturaly, you can improve on it. Tracks and legal seat time would just give a person the upper hand, allowing them to tune their skill faster. Its not going to come down to how has what, or where they can do it, but who really wants it the most. Personal drive is the only thing that will make you the champion.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

turbofb wrote:I think skill is something you have naturaly, you can improve on it. Tracks and legal seat time would just give a person the upper hand, allowing them to tune their skill faster.
I couldn't agree with you more!
turbofb wrote: Personal drive is the only thing that will make you the champion.
Amen, brother... amen.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

turbofb wrote:I think skill is something you have naturaly, you can improve on it. Tracks and legal seat time would just give a person the upper hand, allowing them to tune their skill faster. Its not going to come down to how has what, or where they can do it, but who really wants it the most. Personal drive is the only thing that will make you the champion.
fuck that. all you need is
Image!!

:D
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
turbofb
Clam Salesman

Post by turbofb »

To bad they don't make tires
Bad News Bear

Post by Bad News Bear »

whaeties are nasty.
DTCdrift
Ripe Meat

Post by DTCdrift »

I think the biggest factor is seat time..............
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

djdorifto wrote:cali doesn't have tracks, Parkinglots is where DD came from. Irwindale isn't a track either. But I would still say the West will win.

Do I smell a future event?! I don't know what side I would sign up for. (If my fuckin car ever gets here HAHAHAHHA)

did you forget about buttonwillow, willowsprings and laguna seca? :lol:

cali has to have the most tracks in one state.. i'm jelous.. :x
DTCdrift
Ripe Meat

Post by DTCdrift »

mmmmmmmmm buttonwillow.........................
that is actually where i saw the Drift Day at

my car kicks ass at Buttonwillow :P
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Buttonwillow is a funny li'l word.
I feel like Beavis and Butthead when I say it.
:oops: