Page 6 of 8
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:16 am
by DJones
That was a bummer about you car Tom.
There was plenty of car carnage. I would have loved to do 3rd gear entries but I lost about 30% of my clutch pedal for some reason. I drove back early this morning so I wouldn't have to worry about sitting in traffic.
I had to turn the car off so I could get it in 1st. I hope that I can get it fixed before Saturday.
What a kick ass venue!!! Very challenging/frustrating at times.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:23 am
by DJones
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:20 pm
by s13driftertb
you were throwin' MAD smoke, I was really glad you were still running while my parents where there to watch,
They had never seen drifitng before.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:59 pm
by Generz
+1 for honest to goodness redline 3rd gear entries..
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:10 pm
by andysapp
down_shift wrote:At least until I killed mine.

Wait... what?
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm
by down_shift
Basically went off backwards and something started knocking real bad so I parked it.
Yes I got mine home quickly and safely but only with huge huge help from the DG crew. Erik, Ainsley, Ronnie, Zach, Tony, Eugene, you guys are awesome I owe all you guys big time.
Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block...
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:47 pm
by down_shift
such a nice shot

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:35 pm
by andysapp
That picture gave me wood. ^^
Seriously.
Awesome.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:37 pm
by andysapp
down_shift wrote:Basically went off backwards and something started knocking real bad so I parked it.
Yes I got mine home quickly and safely but only with huge huge help from the DG crew. Erik, Ainsley, Ronnie, Zach, Tony, Eugene, you guys are awesome I owe all you guys big time.
Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block...
Good to hear you got back okay.
Hope it's not too bad... maybe SR time?
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 pm
by P.Haire
andysapp wrote:down_shift wrote:Basically went off backwards and something started knocking real bad so I parked it.
Yes I got mine home quickly and safely but only with huge huge help from the DG crew. Erik, Ainsley, Ronnie, Zach, Tony, Eugene, you guys are awesome I owe all you guys big time.
Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block...
Good to hear you got back okay.
Hope it's not too bad... maybe SR time?
i'm sure that's what matt will tell him to do.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm
by revel
if only it were a 95 and not 96! then ya i would harass him till he went with SR. damn OBD2 emissions.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:37 pm
by icantdrift
GC8VI wrote:
i think my front suspension/front brakes/wheel bearings/?????? are near gone. something is fubarred up front. start taking shit off monday till i find out whats not right.
i still have your old 4 lug front hubs sitting in my garage in case you need them.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:38 pm
by Generz
down_shift wrote:Basically went off backwards and something started knocking real bad so I parked it.
Yes I got mine home quickly and safely but only with huge huge help from the DG crew. Erik, Ainsley, Ronnie, Zach, Tony, Eugene, you guys are awesome I owe all you guys big time.
Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block...
any time.. any time.. you're blood now.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:42 pm
by down_shift
yes obdII owns me but right now I need a daily driver so another KA seems to be the immediate solution.
Matt looked at it and seems like one of the piston is fubar probably some other stuff too. Let me know if you have a DOHC laying around locally.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:56 pm
by Generz
boo that's no fun.. but dohc ka's aren't too hard to find nowadays.