official GT4 picture thread (56k warning)

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

official GT4 picture thread (56k warning)

Post by CodyW »

ok, so as i posted in the other GT4 thread, i played for way too long today but found a quick way to make $280k which led to me buying a shit load of cars. i then discovered how freakin' fun the camera mode is (yes, i'm a nerd) and probably spent a full hour or 2 just taking pics. on the TV i was extremely impressed but after dumping them on my USB card and putting them on the comp, i noticed a bit more pixel-ness, but for a video game with a built in camera, i can't complain too much. anyhow, here are a few of my shots from today, feel free to add yours if you feel like it.

andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Dayom, killa! Those pictures are hawt!!! I remember reading about that feature and thinking it sounded rad. What resolution are the pictures at? 720x480? How do you get them from the PS to your PC?
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

yea, the camera mode is really fun. it's got way more features than i ever expected (you can adjust aperature settings, shutter speed, focal legnth, white balance, exposure compensation, focus, and a ton of other stuff) and pick between a ton of cool locations.

the pics actually come in at 1280x960 but i did a quick size down to post up here. there are also a few quality levels i'm gonna try playing around with (right now, i told it to save on the playstation on standard and to my usb stick as super fine, but maybe it's not quite working or something). oh, and apparently there are 2 usb ports on the front of the playstation where you can just plug in a usb drive and tell GT to put the files on there. never knew about that until tonight, but it's pretty cool :).
CubanMike
Get Some

Post by CubanMike »

Bad ass pics. I have to bring my memory card over so we can put some of my cars up here, cause I'll never figure out how to do that.
Grease Munkey Drift & Speed
GreaseMunkeyFC@yahoo.com
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Niice! That's rad about the USB drive. Smart thinkin' on their part. I was picturing saving it to the memory card, and having to buy a $20 additional drive to hook it up to your computer... so it's cool that it's not like that.

That's rad the images are high-res too... that means DESKTOPS!!!
:D
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

werd, everyone bring their memory cards over tonight and i'll set up some photoshoots :).
Matt
Ripe Meat

Post by Matt »

nice pics cody - how bout posting some merican' car pics? mustangs and camaros.. etc.
04 Neon SRT-4 (stock)
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

haha...ok. i haven't bought any yet, but i might have to rock out a JDM inspired mustang or camaro again :).
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

how were you getting the flame ball shots? and what FC is that?

sorry i have been playing the JDM D1 GP game. i have GT4 but really havent played it much yet.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i'll just do the "photo drive" thing and downshift a whole lot (which leads to flames). then, in the photo replay, i'll just hit select as fast as i can around the time i thought that i shot a flame (there's a lot of luck involved).

oh, and it's the 03D1GP FC, i won it on something (i forgot what it way, maybe intl A license?)
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

the D1GP FC is from the professional league turbo championship thing.... its pretty much everything i wish my FC was :(
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
slidewaysgolf
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by slidewaysgolf »

Nice pics i am gona post some tomorow or monday when i get back in town.
Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank

Post by Frosty_SPL »

I got a G nose 240z. :twisted:

Lots of other stuff too. And the Option Stream Z. :wink:
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i got that Z too, it's kinda neat :). i also got about 20 or so other cars today, and hopefully some pics will come soon. a few highlights include a 1898 daimler wagon (with 1 hp!), a lime green charger with a huge GT wing and gold advans, and way more cool stuff.
MTRLevolution
Get Some

Post by MTRLevolution »

anybody else have a feeling cody'll be the only person to post pics in this thread? :P