anybody know a local SR hookup?

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

well rhoad racing, the CA is an amazing engine that can be built just as bad as SR's. i believe my brother even has a pic of a 630HP ca that we saw at bay bridge yokohama when he came out to visit. on top of that i have seen them built as high as 1300HP but that is at full tune. the thing i like about the CA is that it has proven itself bullet proof to me by outlasting a few tranny's and 6 nights a week of drifting and over rev, where the SR blew up the FOERST time i hit 10,500 RPM. the draw back to the CA is that they are rare, for engines and parts. and the cast iron block makes it a little heavier. i like 'em both though.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

with that in mind, I'm in the market for an engine that can produce upwards of 300-350 hp (no problem there) but as a daily driver. However, hp isn't my biggest issue right now. I need reliablitly for than anything. I do a tremendous amount of driving so I would to get an engine that I can drop in and not have to worry about swapping about turbos or resealing gaskets. This, in my opinion, rules out the CA. From what's I've read, the turbo that usually come with the motorsets don't typically last very long. What are you experiences with this? Also, money plays a pretty big issue as well. I'm going to have about a $2500 budget. So, obviously, the more I can get for my money the better. Anyway...thanks for input and advice. I appreciate it.
Chris
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

$2500!!!! holy crap dude!!! what kinda motor do you want. name it and i can find it short of an RB26. all you need to do is make up your mind and i should be able to give you an idea of what you are getting your self into. i don't want to say that i am smarter than the next guy, but living in japan and working as a mechanic has taught me a lot about all of the different moters in the aspect of performance. as far as the turbines go... you are right about them not lasting long. but not by specifics of the motor. it depends on what it has been through as well as how long. beyond that, turbines blow up, it's a fact of life that sucks for anyone wanting to use a turbo motor. as far as i see it your best bet is to get a nice used turbine and drive or drift the piss out of it and get it rebuilt. if you go with the sr i recomend the td-06. that line from greddy is great. i still have mine. big boost is no problem for that thing, on more than one occasion i broke the waste gate controll valve and boosted about 2.2 kg/cm which is about 32psi. to this day the turbine still has absolutely no play.
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

wow!!! that was long..." I have no life"
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

Rhoad Racing wrote:
djdorifto wrote:CA's are awesome, I seen them as the same as the Redtop SR. Just that the CA are over looked a bunch of times, cause of their non populatiy. They are also a more cheaper than the RedTop.

Hey Cody, goodluck on the engine! Don't blow it this time hehe
8) i've been a little wish-washy as to which motor I should get. I've heard both positive and negative views on both. My only concern with the CA is it's age. however, the price is very tempting (I have a very small budget to start with)
yeah 2500 is a cost of a S14SR frontclip or even a S15SR in some places. RB can be found really cheap aswell for 3000 without hookups, I really want to go for a RB25DET in a S14. But labor is what kills me, hopefully now that am out here i can get more hookups and go for it.

But Cody, go for a S13Redtop it be better. Or try to get a S14SR, u'll love it, I sure have. Am not to in tune with turbo upgrades since am not into the powerhouse aspect with a SR. Minor tunning and you can be above the 250 in the 300range with stock bottom. Goodluck again Cody keep us updated!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

actually i bought a S13 blacktop last week, so that's whats going in now :).

i'll be keeeping my FP Big28 turbo upgrade on there for now too, however i wanna eventually get a S15 dual ball bearing T28 (even though it doesn't make tons of power, it's super fast spooling and 300 to the ground is plenty for me).
darkchapter81
Fresh Meat

Post by darkchapter81 »

the ca are a dieing bread and they should stay that way.. they are hard to find parts for and the parts you can find for them arent that great but there are some parts that can be cross referenced with sr motors... seen lots of part from an sr on ca motors..but they are common with throwing rod bearings.....