The understeer machine in all its glory...

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

The understeer machine in all its glory...

Post by gotundersteer? »

Despite the title, the car is about even, and leans towards oversteer most the time due to the swaybar and other suspension stuff. But yea, I met Andy and the other guy with the Batlground SR20 at the Extreme Measures Driving School. Anyways, heres my ride:

The FOERST few pictures are with my black Auto-X/Track rims, the last is with my regular rims.

2004 Pitch Black 5spd 2.0L(Z) ZX3: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Eibach Pro-Kit Dampers, H&R 24mm Rear Swaybar, Focus-Sport rear stress bar, MBRP Cat-Back, UK ST200 Mondeo Wheels w/ Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17's, (Victoracer 15'' track tires) Quantum Audio 12''/Quantum 800w Amp, Custom Ported Box, K&N Panel Filter, SVT Lip...
gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

Post by gotundersteer? »

Oh, and sorry for the shitty pics.
2004 Pitch Black 5spd 2.0L(Z) ZX3: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Eibach Pro-Kit Dampers, H&R 24mm Rear Swaybar, Focus-Sport rear stress bar, MBRP Cat-Back, UK ST200 Mondeo Wheels w/ Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17's, (Victoracer 15'' track tires) Quantum Audio 12''/Quantum 800w Amp, Custom Ported Box, K&N Panel Filter, SVT Lip...
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

GASP! a FWD car? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

lol, just giving you shit. welcome to the site :D .
slidewaysgolf
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by slidewaysgolf »

lol dont let em gove you to much shit i have a FWD car to haha welcome to the sight.
gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

Post by gotundersteer? »

For what its set up for it does its job very well. RWD is of course, more fun, but when it comes to Autocrossing I've kept up with a $60k+ //M5.

But, yea I like it and its held up extremely well even though I kick its ass alot. Eventually, I want to get an M Coupe or the new Z4/M Coupe...but I'm still in highschool so thats a ways away.
babba-na6c
Ripe Meat

Post by babba-na6c »

welcome and congrats. Very clean and sleek.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Welcome, thats a pretty nice looking focus.. You should just swap in that ford racing rwd conversion kit and use one of the svo,thunderbird turbo 2.3l motors and make a rad rwd focuus :D I think it'd be hawtness, and probably easy to get sponsored if you where to make it a drift car.
-Zach
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

Zachscar wrote:Welcome, thats a pretty nice looking focus.. You should just swap in that ford racing rwd conversion kit and use one of the svo,thunderbird turbo 2.3l motors and make a rad rwd focuus :D I think it'd be hawtness, and probably easy to get sponsored if you where to make it a drift car.
-Zach
ha beat me to it. glad you did tho, much better info. i like focus's....well the AWD turbo'd EDM ones. do the RWD conversion i need a converted buddy to drift with.

*****need to get on my RWD conversion**********
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

GC8VI wrote:
Zachscar wrote:Welcome, thats a pretty nice looking focus.. You should just swap in that ford racing rwd conversion kit and use one of the svo,thunderbird turbo 2.3l motors and make a rad rwd focuus :D I think it'd be hawtness, and probably easy to get sponsored if you where to make it a drift car.
-Zach
ha beat me to it. glad you did tho, much better info. i like focus's....well the AWD turbo'd EDM ones. do the RWD conversion i need a converted buddy to drift with.

*****need to get on my RWD conversion**********
Only reason I know a decent bit about it is because my dad and I want to do one and he researched it a bunch. I want to do a four-door trunk body style.. maybe a wagon. But a hatchback would be hawt too :twisted: I want to see that GC of your's in rwd form, thats going to be crazy.
-Zach
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Hey, I know you from GRM forum :D

Welcome!
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

Post by gotundersteer? »

Yep, I checked to see if there was anything new on Andy's site and this seemed like a good forum.

The RWD kit is really, really steeply priced. The RWD V8 conversion kit is $12k plus another $8-$15k for the motor.

Sadly, my parents bought me this car because they are terrified of used cars. So the nice part about this is it still has the full warranty, and only has about 10,000 miles on it. I bought it new with the odometer on like 4 miles. Trust me, if it wasn't under warranty and I had another daily driver, this thing would be gutted with a "grassroots" RWD kit.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

put thoswe miles on that puppy and go grassroots ASAP. haha j/k although really not. would love to see your Focus slideways. before the suby my plan wasa RWD 95 EG6. figured i would use either a CRV or S2k drivetrain. but thats all a dead idea now. DM RWD GC hittin the streets.....hopefully........in 2006.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

tyler's goin RWD!!! Fkuc yes W1!!!N!!!!
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Yeah, but all you would really need to make it rwd from ford racing with the 2.3l turbo motor would be the rearend.. which is only like $800. Then buy a used 2.3l turbo motor and rebuild and build it to like 300 rwhp for like 1250-1500 + the tranny for like 250 or something. Then have a custom one piece drive shaft made up, and your under like 5 grand for a wicked one of a kind car :twisted: or atleast rare 8) The 2.3l would be much better because you can get an aluminum block one, or a cast block so the weight distribution wouldn't be completely off and it would still handle atleast pretty well. :shock:
wish I had the money sitting around, I think im going to have to start selling rocks or something.. :roll:
-Zach
gotundersteer?
Fresh Meat

Post by gotundersteer? »

But the engine top is horizontally positioned, so the bell houseing faces to the right. Would I not have to move the engine to position it? Because the way it is now the driveshaft would have to be like an L shape, which we all no wouldn't work.