iPhone4

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Re: iPhone4

Post by HATERDAN »

I'm against with the iphone4 but I will say I think this antenna thing is kinda retarded
-dan
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

HATERDAN wrote:yeah he said it was a problem with the blackberry bold 9700(my phone)

I have this case

and its pretty much the biggest thickest case you can buy I held it the same way Hand Jobs held it with no change. took the case off still no change. went into my basement still no change and I have Tmobile so reception is sketchy at best to start with.

I guess when something is wrong with your product blame everyone else to make you not look as bad?
you just seriously love to hate on anything anyone else likes. And Jobs didn't blame anyone else... like andy said, we have no problem with our phones. And the new software update that came out is suppose to help with the drop call issue. I haven't updated mine, but i'll let ya know if i can tell a difference after i do.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

I hate mainstream trendy crap that people blindly follow because its the IT thing
-dan
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

i got a droid x today
suck it
You've got the wrong answer
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

i honestly think that apple was turning a blind eye on the problems with the antenna for quite sometime. they probably would have continued to downplay it. the straw the broke the camel's back per say was when consumer reports wanted to perform tests on the phone and stated that it could not be done because there is something wrong with it.

regardless.. once they fix the problem, we're probably going to buy the iphone. i'd like to do the facetime or whatever it is with my parents in california.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

HATERDAN wrote:I hate mainstream trendy crap that people blindly follow because its the IT thing
For the most part, I agree with you. There are a shit-ton of people that just want it because it is an iPhone. But I think there is an equal counterpart to that want it because they genuinely like the phone, actually use the features on it... and aren't buying it blind.

As weird as this sounds... I kinda see this phone something like a Honda Civic. Sure, there are other cars out there that are way better than a Civic, but when a Civic comes out - people buy it because it is a solid platform.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

i'll buy a honda civic because it's reliable.. bc the service that i have right now.. ain't reliable. i can barely send SMS messages from my phone when i'm at home bc of the reception much less make a call. it takes way less signal strength to send SMS.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

andysapp wrote:
As weird as this sounds... I kinda see this phone something like a Honda Civic. Sure, there are other cars out there that are way better than a Civic, but when a Civic comes out - people buy it because it is a solid platform.

See I totally disagree. The iPhone UI has been and (IMO) always will be a huge step above any other phone out there. If there is one thing Apple knows it is usability. The thing is just amazing. Anyone that says otherwise is dissident/stubborn/a plain Debbie Downer.

This is why I have an iPhone (a 3GS since early adopting is for rich folks).
siccccckkkkkkkk
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

I agree, I obviously follow apple products bc they are amazing and have truly made things in my life so much easier. Like how my MacBook pro saved my ass all through college, and my iMac is breath tackingly beautiful and a damn truck load of power. No other computers in the pc world can perform anything close to the simplicity and power of my macs. The iPhone was simply a bonus and I worked at apple for a year and a half before finally breaking in and getting one. I didn't want to just follow a tread of the product that I felt it become, but when I realized I can save money on my bill from tmobile and switch from a falling apart sidekick to a pretty actually useable iPhone where the features like email, Internet, and SMS actually works, I couldn't say no. I'm glad I didn't bc I love how much my phone has helped me in everyday tasks, especially notes, apps to get prices cheaper somewhere else, maps, photo, video, and so much more. I don't mean to sound like a commercial. I just enjoy having a product that is so well designed and thought out in every detail. There truly isn't many companies that design to improve with every product. Most just make new shit with one little new feature so that u will spend more money with them. I absolutely hate consumerism and that is what 95% of American products are. Badly design crap u don't need. Why I hate shopping for new clothes. Since I've been "working" at home, I just wear the same jeans and tshirts, bc I don't need new clothes. It's not like I'm really going any where, or have a special ocasion. So yeah :)
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

Oh and might I add, that the above has all been posted from my iPhone 4 ;)
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

oh yeah if your mac is so great then how come the return key doesn't work? wocka wocka!
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

charlie wrote:oh yeah if your mac is so great then how come the return key doesn't work? wocka wocka!
hahahahaha, amazing
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Where the fuck is backspace?!!
siccccckkkkkkkk
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

why is there an apple in my hand every time i want to 'right click'?
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

-dan