Car Audio for The Destroyerâ„¢.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Re: Car Audio for The Destroyerâ„¢.

Post by andysapp »

Yeah... that is how I've done it in the past. It pops right out pretty easy.
n2hifi
Fresh Meat

Post by n2hifi »

andysapp wrote:Yeah... that is how I've done it in the past. It pops right out pretty easy.

the newer chevy trucks radios bolt in so you'll need a 7mm socket Andy,

Also FYI if you don't mind losing the "door chime" or mind running a ignition wire you can use the standard metra harness

metra part #70-2003
http://metraonline.com/part/70-2003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it requires you to run a switched ignition lead (what the red lead is for)

the reason "chime module's or data retention modules" are so pricey is because usually they retain the door chime, keeps the radio powered up until you open a door and provides a ignition source for the aftermarket radio.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

I just installed a new Sony 550 in Kathys CR-V yesterday and needed new 6.5" speakers but decided to wait. So if you wanna part with the extra set of new ones you get at Wally world I can meet ya somewhur and do the switch off because I need to getcha some monies for the stuff I bought off of Slide Style.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Picked up the Wal-Mart cheapie set today. After driving all over God's green Earth gathering parts... I finally got the shit bumping. I still need to install the rear speakers, and good FUCK was the FOERST speaker a fucking pain my ASSSS. I swear I bolted and unbolted the door panel on and off like 6 times in the freezing cold because I ran out of daylight.

Also... whoever designed the dash kit for my car is a fucking dickhead, and I want to punch them in the face. A thief with a soggy potato chip could jack this fucking stereo. Gonna have to beef it up.

THANKS THANKS THANKS Eugene for all your help via text! I never installed a stereo or speakers before. I'm glad I did it myself even if it did take all day.
:D
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Oh and Chad... this other set of speakers has your name on it!
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

andysapp wrote:Picked up the Wal-Mart cheapie set today. After driving all over God's green Earth gathering parts... I finally got the shit bumping. I still need to install the rear speakers, and good FUCK was the FOERST speaker a fucking pain my ASSSS. I swear I bolted and unbolted the door panel on and off like 6 times in the freezing cold because I ran out of daylight.

Also... whoever designed the dash kit for my car is a fucking dickhead, and I want to punch them in the face. A thief with a soggy potato chip could jack this fucking stereo. Gonna have to beef it up.

THANKS THANKS THANKS Eugene for all your help via text! I never installed a stereo or speakers before. I'm glad I did it myself even if it did take all day.
:D
Anders.. You got it man.. I'm just glad that it sounds good again. I bet the treble sounds way better as well!
Sorry I wasn't able to come out and help though.. damn work!

Did you use the speaker connectors?
The rear speakers should be a bit easier to install.
I think you might need a torx bit to get the rear door panels off. Please double check.

You're gonna be a pro at 04 Silverados haha.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Seems to me that a dash kit that's easy to remove is a good thing. If they get that far, you just want them to get the fuck out of the truck, not pry and break other shit.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

That is true. This is really really bad though. Like... I can't get the face back on the head unit because the stereo moves around in it. Fucking JANK.

Generz, I did use the connectors. Just clipped the old harness and connected the new bits. I will try the rear doors when it is sunny and nice again. Doing this in the cold in the dark just made me that much more frustrated. I will need the Torx for the rear... I needed it for the front as well.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

anders.. maybe during the video shoot this weekend i will take a look at what's going on with your radio.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Sounds good dude!