Chubby Chaser Intro *PICS & VIDS ADDED*

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Chubby Chaser
Fresh Meat

Chubby Chaser Intro *PICS & VIDS ADDED*

Post by Chubby Chaser »

Hi, Everyone!

My name is Rob and I like thick women. XD

I'm 25 and originally from VA. I've been drifting since late 2004. I got into it like most fanbois, watching Initial D and butt sliding my CRX. Haha!

I joined the Air Force in 04 and got stationed in Hawaii. Unfortunately, it was after Drifter X, Kazama and the rest visited. :cry2: I sold my CRX and bought my FOERST 240 hatch. I tried to slide it stock, went into a ditch, smashed the front/rear and broke a rear traction arm. I fixed that, got a diff, coilovers, silvia front and started going to Tantalus and Drift Session events at Hawaii Raceway Park. It was a pretty steep learning curve since Tantalus was a series of blind corners, hazards, and not a lot of guard rails to keep you from going off. Same at the track since I went straight from the skid pad to the road course because I didn't wanna pay $70 to wait in line and drift a big parking lot. :sweatdrop: It was a beginner mistake but I picked it up in time.

My FOERST 240 quit running. I wasn't mechanically inclined and had no friends at the time, so like an idiot I just bought another one then swapped the coils and diff over. I parted out the other til the base police told me to get rid of it. :scream: It was full of centipedes when js4kix came and got it. Not cool because they kill a couple people a year in HI.

I did more events; got too see a lot of good drivers like Forrest Wang and Keoni Rodrigues; met some of the locals and eventually joined Pray for Rain. My mates Jay and Corey taught me a LOT. Drift Tengoku came to HRP and we got to meet Editor Ryusuke Kawasaki and Tetsuya Hibino. A local driver even made the cover!

I drifted that hatch for a lil bit til it got totalled by Corey's hachi. Which sucked because there was a big event coming up. Luckily, Jay and I shared his stock coupe w/ welded diff. Ken Maeda was one of the judges/competitors at the event in his Race Factory S14. It was truly amazing seeing him drive. He was going so hard he even cracked one of his Work Emotions! I flubbed the entry on my run but ended up getting 4th and $70. :slayer: Jay killed it as usual and got 1st in our class. The event was featured in a Race Factory DVD and the short lived Drifting Magazine.

After that, I bounced around between an SR5 Hachi, 280zx Turbo, Cressida, and V6 Mustang. I got married. I traded-in the Mustang for an RX-8 and eventually saved up enough for a KA-T Coupe. They closed down HRP but we still drifted Tantalus and a couple stadium lot event(s).

I moved to Scott AFB, IL, met my now roommate who introduced me to the folks around here. I started doing DriftSTL/Gateway/Midnight Madness events then joined Coupes>Hatches. I got divorced. I saw my chaser pop up on Zilvia and had just received a reenlistment bonus, so I traded my coupe plus cash. I've been drifting the chaser ever since and it's truly the dream car I always thought it would be. More info on it in my build thread coming soon.

I did a good amount of midwest events last season. My favorite being Midwest Bash at USAIR. Tandem with Zombie Hookertrash driver Kris Hackenson's LS powered S14 roaring behind me was fun. Koopa, LongGrain, myself, and another gentleman in a blue hatch with pink wheels won the team tandem comp somehow. :headbang: Qualifying at MDU FunFest and getting to tandem with Derek King at Speedrome in the wet was also a highlight for me. Eventually, I was asked to join the Control Freaks and humbly accepted. I can't can't wait to drive and learn with them next season.

http://www.vimeo.com/14078667
That's about it for me. I consider myself an average driver. I already have a good career and move around a lot in the AF, so I have no pro aspirations. Hawaiians have a very laid back hangloose attitude about pretty much everything. If there's one thing I learned there, it's that drifting is for fun.
Last edited by Chubby Chaser on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Re: Chubby Chaser Intro

Post by Pittsy »

"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

welcome hommie!
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
cONtRol FReAkS <--- CLicK it!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

tl;dr
please believe
andysapp
I need to go outside

Chubby Chaser Intro

Post by andysapp »

Welcome dude!
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

P.Haire wrote:tl;dr
-dan
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

I opened this thread mostly because Haterdan replied last. Now I'm disappointed I didn't get much.

And welcome.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

:scream: :...:
siccccckkkkkkkk
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

SUUUUUP!

Needs moar pics.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

this thread needs more 4 door
You've got the wrong answer
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Dr. Marlow wrote:this thread needs more chubbs
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
boostbeef
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by boostbeef »

welcome to the site!

Ever meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?
-Jonathan-
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

boosh! Taylor got bizzusted for stealing bandwidth
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Chubby Chaser
Fresh Meat

Post by Chubby Chaser »

boostbeef wrote:welcome to the site!

Ever meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?
Yes! He signed one of his books for me too.