It's gonna be ridiculously hot this weekend...

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

It's gonna be ridiculously hot this weekend...

Post by LilAfrikan »

So if any of you guys are going up north this weekend near the lake Burton area, there is this little town by the name of Dillard, GA where my friend Mercedes (http://www.yemayema.com) & I will be having our FOERST craft show! :mrgreen: Ok, so I know u are all dudes, and could care less about artsy stuff probably, BUT it's gonna be like 80 degrees this weekend, so I figured if some of you are heading to the lake, then you should def make a pit stop off HWY 441 in Dillard to say hi! :) Mercedes will be selling some of her rad shirts, where as I will be trying to sell some of my record album necklaces and art. Anywho, just figured I'd reach out. If anything, u guys should take your women to the lake, then make a pit stop by the booth and buy her a necklace and sweet shirt to match. :D hehe

Well, Andy will be with me, so maybe u can stop by to comb his beard for him ;)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Treefish
Purple Drank

Re: It's gonna be rediculously hot this weekend...

Post by Treefish »

Address? And is it gonna be on sat and sun?

Might be tempted to take the brovertible up there. I'll need a passenger coz Emily is working!
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

Treefish wrote:Address? And is it gonna be on sat and sun?

Might be tempted to take the brovertible up there. I'll need a passenger coz Emily is working!
SWEET! I'm not 100% about the exact location, but she lady told everyone to meet in the "Lazy Bear Furniture" Parking lot. It's outside, in a super small town, so I'm sure u won't miss it. It'll be a very small show, but there will be blue grass music somewhere in the town as well. :) and yes, it's sat and sun and it starts at 10am, and i think it ends at 6pm, or whenever the crowd dies down. Just text me or Andy and we'll let u know. Here is address to Lazy Bear http://maps.google.com/maps?near=Dillar ... 15&iwloc=A

I'm assuming it's this place with the bears in the front ?!? Or it'll be the parking lot before this bear place. I guess I'll figure it out on Saturday. :)
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

Brovertible!
please believe
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

I thought this thread was going to be about Libya.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Re: It's gonna be ridiculously hot this weekend...

Post by Zach »

COMB YO BEARD!! Also good luck with the sale :D
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

How'd the show go?
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Not well. Lieze made $40... I think Mercedes made $60. There was zero foot-traffic.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Hey, have you guys signed up for Indie Craft Experience? We did pretty well when we came down for it. I wish it was cost effective for you to do Renegade. If you luck up and catch a nice weekend, the traffic is RIDICULOUS. It's seriously like Freaknik or something but with hipsters looking for handmade shit. We even tried Brooklyn once and did ok but after the cost of gas/board/etc we ended up breaking even on the trip and agreeing it wasn't worth it in the future. Your kinda shit will do MUCH better in an urban environment.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I agree about that for sure. The people that did come by were super intrigued with their stuff... especially the stuff with the record covers. You could see them trying to decode what came from what... and everyone that came over wanted to touch and play with the necklaces to see what was on each side. Unfortunately... I don't think they understood it, even though I could tell they liked it.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

That's the cool thing about city folk at craft fairs. They don't give two shits to understand it as long as they have something that others don't.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

andysapp wrote:I agree about that for sure. The people that did come by were super intrigued with their stuff... especially the stuff with the record covers. You could see them trying to decode what came from what... and everyone that came over wanted to touch and play with the necklaces to see what was on each side. Unfortunately... I don't think they understood it, even though I could tell they liked it.
I agree. I could tell they really liked it, but thought it was too hip for them. My friend's Yema Yema line they were definitely like...what the hell are these creatures. I must be too old to understand it. So anywho, it was super exciting to see people's eyes lit up. I brought my block art piece i made for MOCA GA and I could tell people were really really fascinated by it.

As much as I didn't like people grabbing and tossing it around, it kinda is the whole point of the piece. a Flexible art piece that is constantly changing so its a living art form in itself. I just loved how people would try and figure it out, but as soon as i told them the price they were like oh...and drop it, and then went back to the $20 necklaces. lol :)

If I get this job I'm interviewing for on Thursday I def will be applying for the Indie Craft Experience. It's a super steep $225 for not even a 10x10 booth, but a 5x6 booth space. Most expensive craft show, but I've heard great things about it. I'll just have to make like 100 necklaces to make it cost effective, which is fine with me. :) I'll check out renegade, and I know there is one in Washington DC which is huge, but I'm not sure if Andy wants to tag all the way up there. I just wouldn't be able to run the booth by myself. I definitely need his help setting up the tent and stuff. Anywho...if anyone knows of local shows in your area, please let me know. I'm desperately trying to find a big show that's deadline I haven't already missed. You have to apply for most of these almost 6 months in advance. But any shows at this point will be great experience. I'm doing a "boot sale" this weekend in downtown duluth, so I except everyone to come say hi! ;) hehe I'll give more details lata.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

You probably already know this but if you're able to take credit cards (I'm pretty sure all you need is an iPhone), then you will QUADRUPLE your sales.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

charlie wrote:Hey, have you guys signed up for Indie Craft Experience? We did pretty well when we came down for it. I wish it was cost effective for you to do Renegade. If you luck up and catch a nice weekend, the traffic is RIDICULOUS. It's seriously like Freaknik or something but with hipsters looking for handmade shit. We even tried Brooklyn once and did ok but after the cost of gas/board/etc we ended up breaking even on the trip and agreeing it wasn't worth it in the future. Your kinda shit will do MUCH better in an urban environment.
THANK U SO MUCH for this info! You were the FOERST one to tell Andy about Indie, who then told me, so I'm excited to finally not miss the deadline this year. well...atleast when i come up with the money to apply. Kinda stupid though that you have to pay for the whole thing up front with the application before u even know if you're gonna be in the show. hmm... oh well.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

charlie wrote:You probably already know this but if you're able to take credit cards (I'm pretty sure all you need is an iPhone), then you will QUADRUPLE your sales.
I got that little square thing to take credit cards. Haven't used it yet, but as long as I can get service there (which if its in downtown atl, I should be fine) then it will work. :D