simple T-shirt ideas

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Re: simple T-shirt ideas

Post by FooSchnickens »

So I got bored tonight.

Man what could this be?

Hello.

I think it turned out pretty good considering I haven't used an xacto knife since college. I messed up on the edges, but I'm not really broken up about it. As a proof of concept I think it's about as sexy as you can get. With a heavier shirt and properly prepped stencil (I didn't have any spray backing to hold it down) you cold do some pretty trick shit with this.

Can't wait to try round two.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

I couldn't love that shirt more if I tried.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Nice!!
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

That's great! I thought the FOERST picture was the back of the shirt (and his head). MAKE IT HAPPEN.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

charlie wrote:That's great! I thought the FOERST picture was dancin on the ceilin (in my head). MAKE IT HAPPEN.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

charlie wrote:That's great! I thought the FOERST picture was the back of the shirt (and his head). MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Hahaha that's actually a pretty awesome idea. Too bad I can't draw for shit. :lol: I may surprise myself, though...

Also, a couple observations from last night's attempt:

-Overhead transparencies work really well. I did a couple test runs of the stencil on some scrap cardboard and it held up fine. The cut edges stay really sharp so you don't have to worry about them getting soggy after using them multiple times.
-Be sure to mask off your edges. Even though I tried to be really careful, I still slipped up a bit and went over a couple times.
-Using spray mount will make your life easier. It will not only hold the stencil in place so you have two free hands, it will also keep it from shifting and lifting, which can make your design appear fuzzy or off center. You can see where that happened a couple times near Lionel's mustache and where his eye meets the bridge of his nose.
-Use a new shirt. Old shirts get fuzzy after time and will leave little paint boogers sticking up when you finish painting. I used an old shirt for this test because I didn't really give a shit if I fucked it up. I have a brand-new pack of shirts my mom gave me a couple days ago (they were too small for my dad) so I'll try again on one of those.
-Even after only drying overnight, the paint has set up really nice and didn't crack when I stretched it really hard. The bottle says to wait 72 hours before washing, and I'm somewhat inclined to agree since this is a water-based paint and you wouldn't want it ruining the rest of your clothes if it bled off.
-A little paint goes a long way. I used a styrofoam bowl and put in just enough to cover the bottom after shaking it a bit and still had some left over after doing 3 heavy coats.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

The direction in which this is going peaks my interest!
go fast or die
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

Good call on the transparency.
please believe
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Yeah you can get a 100 pack for like, $15
f00tography
syn77
Stale Meat

Post by syn77 »

that's awesome!!!! :slayer: i'm about to ditch the thermofax or start tattooing myself....
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

I'm seriously looking into making my own screens now. I found a local place that sells the photo emulsifier and I've got some spare linen and a staple gun at the house for making frames. Depending on how money looks in a few weeks I may give it a shot.
f00tography