Peach Pass Express Lanes.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

charlie
Eet Bacon

Re: Peach Pass Express Lanes.

Post by charlie »

This thread makes me picture dM rollin deep in Tyler's ambahlance carpoolin their asses off.

[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Treefish wrote:I guess I'm that 0.01% that like it, because I have a peach pass and it only costs me $1.25 to get use that lane all the way from 285 to the end up 85N and I get to drive past all the idiots driving at 60 in the fast lanes forming rolling road blocks.

And if you're not carpooling, you wouldnt be able to use an HOV/HOT lane anyway so no real loss there. I guess it sucks if you are carpooling and want to use that lane. Also if you know you're gonna have 3 people at least in your carpool all the time, then you can have the toll thing set as continuously "free" instead of having to do it each time you're leaving the house.

Its like the bus lanes in the UK, there arent that many of them, but where there are some, everyone that's not using them are pissed at them being there.

Personally, I down with paying for the convenience of bypassing all the traffic.

Also like Cody, I go up 85N in the morning so it's not a huge bonus but its significant enough that it takes a good number of minutes off my commute, and less traffic stress to boot.

I can only imagine that if you went and got a peach pass so you can fly down 85S in the mornings, that'd be worth it.

You're rolling in the cheaper direction. It changes as they feel like it and it's god awful expensive in the morning heading south. I pay less to run through the super expensive tunnel system in Boston than they're charging down here to run in the left lane for 5 miles.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

andysapp wrote:...but I know they probably invested millions into this lane, and the technology that governs it. So I'm sure it is here to stay.
GADOT wrote:The $60 million budget for the road project includes funding for four state troopers to patrol the lanes full time for violators.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

There is no way that MARTA could ever be successful, viable, or efficient with the way and the people that currently run it.

Rachel's mom worked for MARTA for over 10 years and the stories that I hear about MARTA is horrendous and makes me realize that the only reason it's still around is something that is extremely racist.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Well, you do know what marta stands for, right?
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, you racist.

;)
bradystrib
Man of Action

Post by bradystrib »

Upstanding citizens.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

It's not racist if you hate everyone.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I like that train.
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

now I see what y'all were talkin about. This thing SUCKS!!! Geezus.
unhinged......no, not really.