SA2010 helmet recommendations

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Ted J
Fresh Meat

Re: SA2010 helmet recommendations

Post by Ted J »

icantdrift wrote:
Ted J wrote:
icantdrift wrote:
Ted J wrote:I know I bought this up from the dead somewhat but figured why start another thread.

What are you guys thoughts on open face vs full face for drifting? I am wanting to get a SA2010 helmet but still deciding on open face vs. full face.

I will be doing mostly autox'ing and some drift events here and there so was thinking of going with an open faced G-Force SA2010 helmet for around the $150 to $180 range in price for now. But wanted to make sure before getting the open faced one that it would still be okay at local drift events. I know or autox'ing it's fine but didn't know about drifting.

Thanks!

Ted
Open face is fine for local drifting, but it's nice to close the shield on a full face helmet for tandem.
Thanks for the info! For now I think I'll just do an open face G Force and if I get more serious into it then look into a full face helmet.

The G Force rep was at the Mitty selling open faced SA2005 units for $50.
I read somewhere that the SA2005 can still be used for a bit... should a person get a SA2010 or can a SA2005 still be used for a while like I read?

What is Mitty?
Greg
Muscle Milk

Re: SA2010 helmet recommendations

Post by Greg »

Ted J wrote:
What is Mitty?
http://www.roadatlanta.com/event_detail ... Token.id=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.