Unheard Heartbeats

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

revel
Eet Bacon

Re: Unheard Heartbeats

Post by revel »

my guess is either ghost town or a bunch of facebook links
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

i miss this place as well. facebook just is a disorganized shit storm. miss you guys as well
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Agreed, I try to FB but it's just so scattered. Insta is my main vein but hell man.. I guess I'm just gonna have to move back to ATL and only post my whereabouts on this forum.

go fast or die
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

I bought this thing RIGHT before FD ATL this year.

And I sold it a couple weeks ago for the same amount. It sounded so good, and I wanted to fix it up but she needed a shit ton of work. So I got my money back and dumped it into an FC I'm building out here. It should start surfacing soon... Actually trying to make this FC my best one overall in terms of actually spending money on some decent parts instead of cobbling a mostly stock death machine together in a hurry and calling it good lol.

A good friend of mine from high school wants to build me a motor for the Camaro. I'll have a 350 for it when I go back (long story) that needs rebuilding so it might get interesting next year... He used to drive this chevelle to school (sans the blower). When this car comes out, we tend to bump ac/dc loud as fuck doing drag pulls on the street and it's fucking awesome/terrifying. Was making me want to just stay out there this year so I could build my car lol

go fast or die
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

glad the vert is gone (cause i dont like verts...even the halfpipe kind). even more glad the money is going into an FC. 350 in the camaro is boss as is the cat with the kill
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Yes if the m3 had been a coupe, or even a 5 speed, I probably would have kept it. Originally I thought that it would make a great summer burnout chariot. And then I took ol' Mary Jane out for some donuts one night, realized did not need another money pit laying around haha.

Merle is a farm cat that basically became my cat and he's awesome. Full on outside only, but all the cats here claim little territories, and he fully embraces the trailer zone, often sitting at the door waiting for a morning scratch as soon as my feet hit the floor (which he is likely sleeping under, in a burrow lol)

Pretty stoked on FC build. So overdue. It should be back on the ground in the next month or so, maybe even running if I can get around to it. Took me 3 years of living in Cali to find it (less than 10 miles from my house on a little backroad) and almost another full year to buy it from the woman who had it. It's been sitting around my house for another year, but finally, parts are trickling in...
Sat in this driveway for something like 6 years. I charged the battery, it started up and drove on to the flatbed. Not bad for 280k miles :lol: More in depth build on this thing later, in another thread I guess?
Last edited by kalifornia087 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
go fast or die
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

holy crap if thats a turbo then its spot on identical to the FC I almost bought as 'my FOERST car' (the two cars I had prior dont count LOLs), parents flat out denied me because turbo. ended up with EG6 instead.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Thats crazy, I can Only imagine if you'd ended up being a rotor head haha! Alas, she is only a little GXL, because I'm fuckin retarded and have some affinity for building cheap n/a cars :eh: . So it's possible I could do a t2 swap next year, but I'm building the rest of it FOERST, including a cage etc. I rode in JB's miata at HTM last winter, and I think that if I run the right line, with the tightness of the track and full throttle transitions, I could keep up with much faster cars. We will see though !
go fast or die
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

if there is anyone that can pull that off its you
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

you always find RX7s. its a rare talent austin
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

Diggin the FC.

And goddamn at that '72 Chevelle...blower, dual carbs, all the good things. AC/DC is the right soundtrack for a car like that.
- Peter -- '66 Pontiac Le Mans
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

revel wrote:if there is anyone that can pull that off its you
:heartbeat: <3 :heartbeat: <3

Cankles wrote:you always find RX7s. its a rare talent austin
You know, I was gonna say something like "they find me".... but that's a bold font Lie hahaha. I swear I just love these stupid cars so much.

Yeah Peter I had a feeling you would like that Chevelle. Its funny because I forget he has it, then I come to GA and visit him on a random sunny sunday afternoon.... Cue ooooolllllld barn door opening with several sweet vehicles, insert sudden loud sounds and one pulse raising cruise around town. Got to love the South. Also, that homie is going to do a "mild" build on a spare 350 I have for my Camaro... so maybe on my 2nd or 3rd visit from now the car should be just fast enough to accidentally crash walking up the street sideways. Cannot wait!

Should I do a build thread in the drift pictures forum? Does it even matter anymore?!?!? Perhaps I'll just keep updating this until people come back to the forum.

pants came in the other day. Also got some 17x9 +18 advans for the front. Block off plates are in the front seat, knuckles are off being mildly modified and I'm looking into tie rods plus a couple random things before I start putting the car back together. I Wish I was in ATL right now so I could show up at GTE and harass K-man. Had to call him the other day and ask about good front tires to look at. I would much rather see the look on his face when I come in on a Monday and then wander around the shop for an hour while he tells me I'm an idiot. Just ain't the same :cry2: :lol:
Last edited by kalifornia087 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
go fast or die
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

LoLz @ s-tance word filter hahahah.
Tony, watching that little dogE blastoff into space Is worth a chuckle every single itme

So this dog walks into a bar and he says, "alright which one of you shot my paw"

go fast or die
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

that pic is awesome!

stoked on FC parts coming in. cant wait to see pics of progress
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by DJones »

Oh yeah!! I'm starting to get that itch to spend money on my car again.