For Tyler.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

For Tyler.

Post by andysapp »

I’m very unsure where to e'en begin... and I can hardly see to type through the tears.

I know this forum has long since died off, but this place wouldn't exist without Tyler. I can't think of a more fitting place to post up ol' photos and tell ol' stories than here.

I have opened registration back up... and would like to welcome anyone and everyone who would like to contribute. Tyler would love to see this forum light up like a set of tires he was rapidly delaminating mid-slide amongst friends.

SO LIGHT 'EM UP.

Let's laugh. Let's cry. Let's remember what a LEGEND Tyler was... and how he touched all of our lives.

Share the link. Spread the word. Let’s celebrate one of the most incredible humans that any and all of us were lucky enough to know and love.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Re: For Tyler.

Post by icantdrift »

RIP Style King 😢.
rcoffel
Fresh Meat

Post by rcoffel »

FOERST post here, and very glad to finally get to see this place.

I have known Tyler since 2016 and has been a huge inspiration for me since that day. After the news today, I made it a point to come home and find anything related to him that I could. A couple of months ago I actually talked to fellow member Byron about getting some old DM/TR stickers he had laying around, and I’ve been sitting on the whole stack of them not really knowing if I wanted to use them or not.

Today felt right. Long live the style king with a heart of gold. :heartbeat:
thanksbyron.jpeg
thanksbyron.jpeg (984.73 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
crime.jpeg
crime.jpeg (734.05 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
Last edited by rcoffel on Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

No sooner had I kicked the lights back on in here... THE POWER WENT OUT! It took a bit to try and get things back up and running, but it looks like we're good.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

rcoffel wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:19 pm FOERST post here, and very glad to finally get to see this place.

I have known Tyler since 2016 and has been a huge inspiration for me since that day. After the news today, I made it a point to come home and find anything related to him that I could. A couple of months ago I actually talked to fellow member Byron about getting some old DM/TR stickers he had laying around, and I’ve been sitting on the whole stack of them not really knowing if I wanted to use them or not.

Today felt right. Long live the style king with a heart of gold. :heartbeat:
Welcome, buddy! Happy to have you here. Thanks for sharing that T was an inspiration for you. I love that SO much!! He was most certainly that kind of dude.
hks4life
Fresh Meat

Post by hks4life »

❤️❤️
Attachments
IMG_1205.jpeg
IMG_1205.jpeg (489.36 KiB) Viewed 6508 times
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

THATTTT'S what I'm talkin' abouttt!!!!
:heartbeat:
JustinS
Fresh Meat

Post by JustinS »

2015, I was a sophomore in college. Went to the SouthernFresh event with my camera, saw the AE86 at the Koru booth and snapped a photo of the car. Posted the shot to instagram and Chris Melde tagged Tyler. Messaged T if I could stop by the shop to deliver him a print since it turned out good. T told me "yeah dude! come on and grab some lunch with us too!" My love of photography and cars allowed me to befriend T and mutually share the excitement and passion where our hobbies crossed paths. At the time, I was still relatively new to shooting film for photography. I consider some of my early stuff that were of T's cars and the shop some of my best still. That day, T and Eugene gave me a tour around the shop and I grabbed lunch with them. Loved sharing my photos with T and seeing him be excited too. Forever love both of those guys for entertaining a young college goofball with dreams of building a cool car. Gonna greatly miss stopping by the shop and grabbing lunch with him to talk about stuff.
0941622_0941622-R2-008-2A.JPG
0941622_0941622-R2-008-2A.JPG (4.54 MiB) Viewed 6462 times
0538466-R1-062-29A.JPG
0538466-R1-062-29A.JPG (5.87 MiB) Viewed 6462 times
0538466-R1-066-31A.JPG
0538466-R1-066-31A.JPG (6.18 MiB) Viewed 6462 times
Last edited by JustinS on Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMooney
Fresh Meat

Post by TMooney »

I only had the chance to sit down and talk to him a couple of times in the short amount of time of knowing this legend.. from talking cars to anime, there was never a dull moment with him! He will be greatly missed.. but he will never be forgotten!
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

(Preface, I am a horrible storyteller, and more than likely you had to be there because I am sure my memory is fuzzy due to how long ago it was and me drinking the brown water)

My favorite story about Tyler does not relate to cars even though I think of the time when he hit the light pole at the Turner event and I about shit my pants when it happened. I have never been so scared in my life. Anyways, my favorite part is when we had the Pool party bash at his house. It was a chill start with talking about cars and drooling about his GC8 that was in the garage. Then all of a sudden, an undercover cop car shows up in the driveway with his lights on. We were all confused and T was a bit concerned initially about why the cop was in the driveway but the typical Tyler, calm AF. Then all of a sudden, Alex steps out of the car as he recently bought the cop car. LOL. The party goes on. I think there is food, if there was, I missed it and went straight for the bourbon. Then we hit the pool. All bros. I think there was a beach ball. Sorry, leading into my favorite part... it is nighttime now and we are hanging out in his room. A badass room that has a ton of memorabilia from art to cars. A wall full of vinyl records (I think) and his DJ deck set. Few people are playing Forza. But not martymartymarty.net and I. We get Tyler to fire up the decks and we will DJ for everyone. Drum and bass is blastin. We are mixing. martymartymarty.net and I are sweaty. Decks are on fire from our mix. Tyler is sitting down watching people play Forza, I yell at Tyler to get his attention so I can ask him how we are doing. I remember his face, he showed pure joy and satisfaction from the tracks we were throwing at him. I think there was even a nod. At that point, my life was complete and here is why. Before I bought my S14, I wanted to be a DJ and almost didn't buy my car because I had money saved up for my decks. In those split seconds, Tyler made me feel like I accomplished something. Made me feel good. Like I was part of the elite DJ crew that could throw down a solid mix at a club. Now looking back, to a great DJ like Tyler was, the music we must have created was total shit. It is like that episode of It's Always Sunny where they think they are great performers but in reality, they were just drunks. That was martymartymarty.net and I. But not in Tyler's eyes because he was a genuine guy that loved everyone. An amazing heart.

I am looking forward to reading more stories. We will miss him very much.
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

Been thinking a lot about this crew in the last 24 hours...even as an outsider to drifting, y'all have always been straight up dudes and Tyler was certainly a shining example of that.

I really can't put it to words, but I fuckin love yall.
andysapp wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:29 pm No sooner had I kicked the lights back on in here... THE POWER WENT OUT! It took a bit to try and get things back up and running, but it looks like we're good.
Man I was wondering bc I tried for an hour straight to log in when I saw Double G Gregg post it in his story!
- Peter -- '66 Pontiac Le Mans
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Man am I glad to see this back up. I saw the news yesterday and I'm still in shock, was actually thinking how it would be great to have this back to share old stories and pics and such. I've been digging through my old web server all morning and didn't really have any plan with what to do with what I find but I'll keep sharing as I come across some good ones.

Miss all you dudes and gonna miss Tyler like crazy. Def need to get the old crew back together in person sooner than later for some hugs.

shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

Tyler mentioned so many times how much he missed this place. So happy to see it back up! Love you guys, Love Tyler, BIG HUGS! <3 I'll dig up some photos to post later.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
wroegge
Fresh Meat

Post by wroegge »

This year has been a rollercoaster - high highs and low lows. Lost a few friends and while I was never as close to Tyler as some of ya’ll - I find a lot of inspiration in that he provided opportunities and encouragement to his friends - myself included. I am forever grateful to Andy Sapp for bringing me out to the FOERST DMGGASD event and getting the chance to know all of you. What you all have is incredibly special and from my outside perspective - Tyler helped to nurtured that community of car enthusiasts, drifters, artists, and collectors. I still remember seeing his s13 in Tennessee during that FOERST event and being like holy shit those are some deep dish wheels and crazy fit. He was way ahead of the curve, the style king and an incredibly kind and genuine human. Thanks DM/Rowdy family for all the memories. Thanks Andy for starting this back up! Miss you all, Tyler forever.
CruzWilson
Fresh Meat

Post by CruzWilson »

I dug into my external hard drive, because I knew I had pics from back in the day. Most of these pics were taken at Southeast Drift events from 2009. I'm sure they're people on here that remembers those days. Looking back through the old folders had me feeling I just didn't know who all I was photographing. Anyways, my heart goes out to all the people's lives that Tyler touched. To me he was one of the OGs in the ATL drift scene. Being from a rural area seeing his car with the big lip JDM wheels always kinda blew my mind. Thank you @andysapp for reviving the forum...you are one of the OGs as well.
Attachments
IMG_0872 copy.JPG
IMG_0872 copy.JPG (3.26 MiB) Viewed 6364 times
IMG_0846 copy.JPG
IMG_0846 copy.JPG (3.16 MiB) Viewed 6364 times
IMG_0831 copy.jpg
IMG_0831 copy.jpg (6.61 MiB) Viewed 6364 times
IMG_0764 copy.jpg
IMG_0764 copy.jpg (8.2 MiB) Viewed 6364 times
IMG_0763 copy.jpg
IMG_0763 copy.jpg (7.89 MiB) Viewed 6364 times
IMG_0483.JPG