I miss this place.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Re: I miss this place.

Post by andysapp »

I miss this place too. And drifting. And all of my best buds.

I freaked out about social media about 8 months ago. I haven't outright deleted everything... but I feel like I'm close. I deactivated everything that I wasn't ready to delete. I even pulled my own website down. I realized I'd been incessantly broadcasting my life in some way/shape/form for well over 15 years. The realization that I had was that... no one really cares. I mean... maybe a tight-knit group of my best friends/family do/did... but those are all the same people that I can interact with in real life - so this digital projection was really only satisfying the part of my ego that thought that shouting into the online void mattered. The comments and likes perpetuated that delusion... but my epiphany has been - that it doesn't.

I've also realized that all of it made me addicted to my phone. I mean... 8 months of no social media... and I still find myself just holding my phone and staring at it. Just blankly staring at the home screen on my phone. That terrifies me. I think society as a whole is addicted to their devices... and there's no way it's healthy. I see it in every corner of the globe that I travel to. People are more concerned with sharing a moment online than actually experiencing it in real life... or too caught up in their phones to experience the things happening around them. Maybe my age is starting to set in... but it all just feels wrong.

I didn't mean to go on a rant my FOERST time posting here in over 2 years. I guess this shit has really been bothering me... and this place feels like home so I can vent.

Love you guys. Miss you guys.
<3
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

you said it man
please believe
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

On a happier note... Lauren is moving in with me... so I've been trying to purge some of my belongings to make room. Turns out... I like to keep stuff I don't need.

I found so much old drift stuff. Shirts especially. It brought back so many amazing memories. I know life is crazy different now... for everyone... but it made me feel really lucky for all of us. Like... we all got to see this shit come from nothing... and it brought all of us together... lifetime friend-style. We hit the fucking JACKPOT!
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by DJones »

Congrats Andy!! I'm super happy for you and Lauren!!

I agree with your rant. The constant interruptions from notifications drives me nuts. I've begun to turn them all off.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Thanks buddy!! I’m excited!

All the notifications are like a relentless never-ending game of whack-a-mole. Turning off notifications for everything I possibly can has helped. Deleting all the apps I can... especially the social media ones was big as well.

I just bought a watch for the FOERST time in 15 years so I stop checking my phone for the time.

It’s weird... but I just want to distance myself from my phone as much as I can.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

andysapp wrote:
I just bought a watch for the FOERST time in 15 years so I stop checking my phone for the time.

It’s weird... but I just want to distance myself from my phone as much as I can.

Trying to get on this level. The phone addiction is real. Been wanting a decent watch so I can stop pulling my phone out
go fast or die
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

i tried to stop pullinf my phone out, but then i just started pulling my dick out instead. im now on a list. sigh. i to miss the forum. social media is a joke. mostly have facebook because you need them for the dating apps. being single is so fucking weird now man. i miss you fucks with all of my heart. my dM family
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

kalifornia087 wrote:Trying to get on this level. The phone addiction is real. Been wanting a decent watch so I can stop pulling my phone out
I picked up a Luminox, and totally fucking love it. It isn't chock full of crazy features like a lot of watches these days... but it's simple and perfect for me!
Cankles wrote:i tried to stop pullinf my phone out, but then i just started pulling my dick out instead. im now on a list. sigh. i to miss the forum. social media is a joke. mostly have facebook because you need them for the dating apps. being single is so fucking weird now man. i miss you fucks with all of my heart. my dM family
Man... I fucking miss you, dude! "im now on a list" LMFAOOO!
<3
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

andysapp wrote:
kalifornia087 wrote:Trying to get on this level. The phone addiction is real. Been wanting a decent watch so I can stop pulling my phone out
I picked up a Luminox, and totally fucking love it. It isn't chock full of crazy features like a lot of watches these days... but it's simple and perfect for me!
Cankles wrote:i tried to stop pullinf my phone out, but then i just started pulling my dick out instead. im now on a list. sigh. i to miss the forum. social media is a joke. mostly have facebook because you need them for the dating apps. being single is so fucking weird now man. i miss you fucks with all of my heart. my dM family
Man... I fucking miss you, dude! "im now on a list" LMFAOOO!
<3

that trip i talked to you about in janurry is now cancelled....... so maybe i just keep the weekend and make a trip to atl instead!!! i need time away from here for a million reasons
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

Miss you too Andy
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

Sup brahs?!
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

Greg wrote:Sup brahs?!

sup brah, are you a cop?
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

Cankles wrote:
Greg wrote:Sup brahs?!

sup brah, are you a cop?
he is
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I wanna get some drifting in this year. God... it feels crazy to even say that. Like when would I ever not go drifting in the span of a year. Life, man. I guess motorcycles majorly got in the way in 2019. I'm okay with that... because that's what I needed at that time. But I'm sayin'... I need some drifting back in my life for 2020.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Just chiming back in here how much I miss this fucking place.