SOFL drift event, memorial day weekend! whose in?:)

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

SOFL drift event, memorial day weekend! whose in?:)

Post by jo »

Props to the camber crew for tippin' me off on this one:

May 29-30, 2004 Miami, FL Miami Homestead Speedway

Concept
The Ignition Showoff event is designed to bring together all elements of the new Import Automotive movement from drifting competition to street legal racing and exciting car show. The event will showcase Japanese professional drivers, their "drift-specific" vehicles in an exhibition and clinic setting to promote and help educate US enthusiasts on the sport of Drifting. The event will also feature a Drift Showoff drifting competition, 1/8th mile street legal test and tune area along with the original Showoff car show and live entertainment arena. Drift Clinic
The visiting drivers in conjunction with US-based instructors will conduct a drifting/car control classroom clinic for participants who are interested in learning more about the sport. The instructors will utilize their extensive knowledge of drifting to expand the skill set of the participating drivers. Drifting Exhibition and Contest
Through out the event the visiting drivers will do exhibition runs in their "drift-spec" vehicles to entertain the crowd. Drivers in the advance clinic will also compete in a drift contest judged by the professional drivers. Showoff Car Show
Import ShowoffTM the original Import car show attracts the nation's top high performance and show vehicles as well as special appearances by some of the world renowned tuners. 1/8th Mile Street Legal Test and Tune Sessions
1/8th mile make shift street legal strip will allow participants to test and tune their cars and help promote street legal racing in the Miami area. SPL Sound-off Competition
Hundreds of Florida's finest audiophiles will complete in the sound-off competition featuring high decibel excitement and fun for everyone.

SHOWOFF AUTO 6ft trophy plus $1000 Cash Prize
CUSTOM SHOWOFF 5ft trophy plus $500 Cash Prize
TEAM SHOWOFF 4.5ft trophy and $1000 in product prizes

1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies for:
HONDA CLASS, ACURA CLASS, NISSAN CLASS, TOYOTA CLASS, MITSUBISHI CLASS, JAPANESE EXOTIC,
VW CLASSM, OTHER IMPORT CLASS, EURO CLASS, DOMESTIC CLASS, and more awards to be announced (must have at least 10 in each make or model to qualify)

4ft trophies for:
EURO-TUNER SHOWOFF, SUPER STREET SHOWOFF, ACURA SHOWOFF, HONDA SHOWOFF, TOYOTA SHOWOFF, NISSAN SHOWOFF, MAZDA SHOWOFF, DSM SHOWOFF, LUXURY SHOWOFF, SPORT CAR SHOWOFF, and more awards to be announced (must have at least 10 in each make or model to qualify)

Friday, the additional awards will be given out to:
- Conversion SHOWOFF
- Graphics SHOWOFF
Saturday, the additional awards will be given out to:
- JDM SHOWOFF
- GIRL RACER SHOWOFF

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A 2 DAY EVENT. BY REGISTERING YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SELECT ONE DAY TO COMPETE WHILE SPACES ARE AVAILABLE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING BOTH DAYS PLEASE REGISTER TWICE; ONE FOR SATURDAY AND ONE FOR SUNDAY.

http://www.driftshowoff.com and click the miami event to register
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

COUNT ME IN!!!
Roaaad Triiip!

I think it sounds awesome!
Drift Clinic - I like the way that sounds!!!
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

=(
god, i need to get money saved up and get my arse to florida fast! going to driftday this weekend, one of our members from our drift team is in it, going for support! hopefully my car is up tomorrow