Drift Atlanta - Recap!

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Drift Atlanta - Recap!

Post by jo »

FOERST off I want to say how much Drift Atlanta kicked major butt!!! Despite the sunburns and heat, you know you had a good weekend when you've got to dig rubber out of your ears with a Q-tip. I hope everyone had as great of a time as I did-- The pictures are on the way! I especially have to say that american drifter, Alex Pfeiffer, is the *bomb* and one to watch out for. His turbo hachi showed that viper what was up. We all know he shoulda won that battle! His style was amazing, and so was his hachi-- that proudly sports drift mechaniks stickers, along with two other competing hachis, including the third place winner! Maybe our sticker had something to do with it;)

I especially want to thank everyone who came by and saw us at the car show. Everyone who grabbed stickers, buttons, and thanked us on our rides. It's always great to meet new people out, so keep checking for us at car shows and drift events! Especially out of towners like peter.

If you have seen photos of Tarzan with his birthday cake, then you saw him rocking one of our shirts! At the end of the event the other japanese pros, as well as alex pfeiffer were rockin' 'em too. You can grab one in our propaganda section=)

I also wanted to be the FOERST to welcome our newest team member, and a fellow subaru owner... charlie! Awwww yeah to AWD drifting!

Well thanks again to everyone and stay tuned for the photos!
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

You forgot to mention the best part of the weekend, I blew 2ft of flames on the way home in true fast and the furious fashion. Go to Modifiedmag.com and they should have some pics of the weekend up on their site. I'm fiending for some more drifting, Houston anyone???

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

btw does anyone get the feeling that charlie has it in for the EVO? is it the less horsepower complex?

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

nobody wrote:FOERST off I want to say how much Drift Atlanta kicked major butt!!! Despite the sunburns and heat, you know you had a good weekend when you've got to dig rubber out of your ears with a Q-tip. I hope everyone had as great of a time as I did-- The pictures are on the way!
It was an awesome event for sure. It was better than I had hoped, and I think that they will do it again next year.
nobody wrote: His turbo hachi showed that viper what was up. We all know he shoulda won that battle!
DAMN RIGHT!!!
nobody wrote: His style was amazing, and so was his hachi-- that proudly sports drift mechaniks stickers, along with two other competing hachis, including the third place winner!
I need some. Where can I find them? They're not in the propaganda section.
nobody wrote: I also wanted to be the FOERST to welcome our newest team member, and a fellow subaru owner... charlie! Awwww yeah to AWD drifting!
I get no love? :(

Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you guys. I was only out there for Sunday afternoon, and I didn't get to do much walking around. So when is the next get together?
Beans and cornbread.
jo

Post by jo »

ok so the shooting flames thing was *awesome* I can't believe I forgot to add that one in;)

darkducati: too bad we didn't run into you! Things were crazy hectic though, and hella hott! It made walking around a lot quite prohibitive. We haven't really done any formal meet ups, but now that the board is starting to gain some new members, that's probably going to be in the works really, really soon. I know everyone's schedule is a bit nuts right now with work/school/whatever, but in a week or two maybe we can arrange a good night of go karts or something. We could probably arrange to get you a sticker then!

as far as the love...how are we supposed to give it when we haven't been formally introduced;)

p.s. post some pix of your ride in the photo thread:) i'd like to peep at it!
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

nobody wrote: as far as the love...how are we supposed to give it when we haven't been formally introduced;)
I know. I'm just talking trash. :)
Beans and cornbread.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

nobody wrote:FOERST off I want to say how much Drift Atlanta kicked major butt!!!
EVOsaiyanPrince wrote:I'm fiending for some more drifting, Houston anyone???
I have to agree... driftAtlanta was a-ma-zing! It was such a great time.
Besides all the up-close-action... being able to interact with the proffesional drifters was a top-notch highlight of the weekend.

Who would have thought that two of the biggest names in professional drifting
would be rocking our shirts by the end of the weekend!?!
ImageImage

Needless to say, I CANNOT wait until next year. With that in mind... I'm with Hooman on taking a road trip to Houston.
I WANT MORE!!! I'm sure I'm not alone either.

It was great meeting all the amazing people at the event.
A little forshadowing: Alex Pfeiffer is going to take the shit home next year.
If he can give a 600HP Viper that much of a run for it's money...
than Tsuchiya better watch out, cause there might be a new driftKing on the rise.

I should have pictures up by weeks end, so stay tuned!!!
***Video shortly thereafter!***
andysapp
I need to go outside

Drifting is not a crime (for vaka-mon)

Post by andysapp »

If you look closely to the left of Tarzan,
you can see one of our signature "Drifting is not a crime"
buttons pinned on the eye of the monkey on the vaka-mon shirt!!!

Last edited by andysapp on Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jo

Post by jo »

when is the one in houston? that's only about a 16 hour drive. The only thing that sucks about it is that it's in a big parking lot and not on an actual track. I guess they will be going around cones and barriers?

awesome pix!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

nobody wrote:awesome pix!
The Houston event is June 12th, at Reliant Center in Houston, TX.
I should thank you for the pictures of Tarzan Yamada and Utumi Ucchi... they were snapped by your hands!!!

Fred from SlipStream Global told me that Ucchi was wearing one
of our shirts when they went out to eat!
Last edited by andysapp on Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jo

Post by jo »

hahahaha yes!!!! that rules.