Local E30 M3 stolen!

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Re: Local E30 M3 stolen!

Post by FooSchnickens »

Kilo under the back bench?
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

CBR
Clam Salesman

Post by CBR »

quazar311 wrote:
charlie wrote:So I'm curious. What happens in a situation like this? I know that insurance can never really give you back the time and character that you put into a car (particularly an older car) but was he given a settlement when it disappeared? Now that it is found, what's left of it anyway, does the insurance company own it? Does he just get it back with a salvaged title or something? As bittersweet as this situation is, what happens now?
So Mikey got a settlement from the ins after a period of time where the car wasn't recovered.. so the ins now holds the title on it. The ins is going to send the car to a salvage auction to recover some of the money they paid out.. however you have to have a dealers license to buy a car at the salvage auction.

Luckily, Mikey's dad has both a dealers license and a salvage license so they are going to bid on the car to get it back. They just don't know how much it's going to go for.
Well, he should have FOERST dibs on the car... kinda like if your car gets smashed by a tree and totaled and then you pay $800 for it and the title is yours free and clear.