someone gave my car a black eye!!!

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

someone gave my car a black eye!!!

Post by jo »

Half a jdm headlight conversion.... I'll have to drive around with one black eye until we can finish it tomorrow night. I think it looks pretty damn sweet, though. Well worth the nerve wrecking experience of putting 700 dollar HID headlights in the oven.

this next one looks funny cuz of the flash...

EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

I told you, I told you, that shiot takes like 5 hrs per headlight---the EVO guys are right once again! I'm gonna do mine next sunday when i wake up and they should be ready by the time we go to the parents for dinner.
I told you you'd have a black eye for the whole week, ahahahahaha. Tell my cat i said what's up

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
jo

Post by jo »

hahaha hell naw.... we only couldn't finish becuase we ran out of paint and home depot wasn't open! You'll be seeing it FOERST hand, though, because my roommate comes back into town today [sucky:(] so I'll be invading your oven and paint spray facility....er laundry room;)

it looks so much better in person though...nice and tough! You should black out your old tail lights so they'll look like the MR ones. I like the taill lights you have, but you could always unload the painted ones on ebay for some money.
OutDriveU
Ripe Meat

Post by OutDriveU »

Hey nobody that Miranda chik was looking 4 U this weekend at the autocross. Her car is loud as shit BTW. And she can drive pretty good 4 a girlll ;)
jo

Post by jo »

Yeah I hear her car is actually too obnoxiously loud! I don't know why she was looking for me at the autox... she could just reply to my email;P
Eurasian
Fresh Meat

Post by Eurasian »

Sup nobody, your car going to look sweet ass when you get your headlight project finished. Had a friend that did his 98 Accord like that, some paint, oven and headlight=jdm look a like. Hope it turns out really good. :)
jo

Post by jo »

Well we just finished and it looks AWESOME! I'm really pleased with the results. The flat black paint sort of looks grey in some lights but most of the time it's nice and dark. She looks so tough now. I <3 it!

darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

8) Looks good!
Beans and cornbread.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I'm very pleased with the results!

It was one of those things I knew we could pull off... but never having attempted it before, it made me a bit nervous (headlights in the oven???). Considering that the oven temp was only 200 degrees made me nerves settle a little. The real test will be after the rain... or should I say the seal test???
Silent23
Fresh Meat

Post by Silent23 »

hey nobody,
saw your car when i came home today, lookin' good. I'm ready to do mine now. will probably work on em thursday. couldn't decide what color, so i got three different colors. guess i'll figure it out right before i start.
see ya,
john
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

wow, hotness =D

I wouldn't trust putting HID's in the oven either, but they came out great!
jo

Post by jo »

Silent23 wrote:hey nobody,
saw your car when i came home today, lookin' good. I'm ready to do mine now. will probably work on em thursday. couldn't decide what color, so i got three different colors. guess i'll figure it out right before i start.
see ya,
john
which colors did you end up buying???
Silent23
Fresh Meat

Post by Silent23 »

I bought cans of Black, White, and a Silver. Wanted to do something unique, and everyone does black, but can't decide if white would look good or not. I've seen a white 02/03 with white headlight surrounds, but nothing else. And I picked up the silver in case i decided against the white or the black.

I just can't decide :?
jo

Post by jo »

What did you end up going with? I was at a martinis and manicure party at louis vuitton last night so I wasn't home until super late [and in no state to open headlights after the all the free liquor]...Sorry I missed your calls!

i was going to check your car in the garage this morning, but I guess you were already at work!
Silent23
Fresh Meat

Post by Silent23 »

hey, where are you now....need your opinion on the lights. don't see your car, so i guess you aren't home. Gimme a call.
thanks,
john