Dumb Fucking Ticket Thread

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Re: Dumb Fucking Ticket Thread

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

lol.....my friend threw a banana peal out in front of a cop on purpose just so he could argue about it being biodegradable.

i got pulled over for going 40 in a subdivision, when i told the cop there is no way unless i made a 90degree turn at 40,. he said "how bout i just write ya for rolling a stop sign, fair enough?"

hate cops
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
cONtRol FReAkS <--- CLicK it!
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

I just got stopped exactly an hour ago. I ran a yellow light (I had no trailer).

it was turning onto a underpass going under I-12, the truckstop is at the corner.....the cop is one of the FOERST cars on the stop line at the intersection.

We've got another semi in front of me, with a new-ish Accord coupe right behind it, then there's me.

The light's green when the truck went, the light was just starting to turn yellow when it turned, I swore there was enough time for me to make it. The Accord gets on it's brakes, leaving me stranded with my turn nearly complete :scream: :scream: :scream: Then I get lit up.

The officer swears up and down the light was almost red when I crossed the line.

No clue how much the ticket is yet, I gotta call the Louisiana State Court tomarrow.

I thought that if you were already fully across the line when it turned red they couldnt ticket you?? :stressed:
unhinged......no, not really.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

you have to be clear of the intersection by the time the light turns red.
please believe
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

P.Haire wrote:you have to be clear of the intersection by the time the light turns red.
ah, that figures, oh well. I'll just pay it.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

driving in chicago made me so much better at yellow lights everywhere else because i think the are only half as long here. it took a while to get used to.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

get it fixed man!

at least in my case,. as many tickets as ive had,. if i would have just paided them out, i probably would have had my license suspended twice and insurance would be $300 a month on a 240,...lol
(maybe an exaggeration,. moral is shit adds up)
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

conrad_s13.5 wrote:get it fixed man!

at least in my case,. as many tickets as ive had,. if i would have just paided them out, i probably would have had my license suspended twice and insurance would be $300 a month on a 240,...lol

actually working on that one, my company contracts to this lawyer's agency that pays for the attorney fees. If he loses the court case, then all I have to pay is the ticket and court cost (isnt it $50 or something like that)
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

Lightning wrote:
conrad_s13.5 wrote:get it fixed man!

actually working on that one, my company contracts to this lawyer's agency that pays for the attorney fees. If he loses the court case, then all I have to pay is the ticket and court cost (isnt it $50 or something like that)
depends who ya go threw i guess,. but thats exactly what i pay...lol

i pay the lawyer $50, and then pay the court whatever they 'agree' on
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

and to add a new one to the list....

I got picked out to play the "You got a Speeding Ticket!" show today around 1-ish.

I-75 mm 106 @ Cordele. I was in a pack of cars doing 73-80 mph, and he nails me for doing 77 in a 60.

Doesnt check my registration, doesnt check my tag, barely checks my lisence to write down it's info (poorly) on the ticket. I can't even read half of what he wrote on the damn thing.

*sighs* I gotta get the legal place's number again.....this one definately looks winnable at least.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

SHitttt dude! Did you make it back okay otherwise?
:(
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

oh yeah, I left your place at 9:15-ish, I stopped at Summit, picked up and set up my new EcoMeter, left there at 11:15 with Krystal's, got stopped at 12:45, and made it home at 6:30 last night.

only good thing about yesturday was Krystals and that I have a tachometer now.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Glad you made it back okay (sans ticket)!
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Dang, charge another one to the game. Definitely call your legal counsel :)
siccccckkkkkkkk