European Guys

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Abactus
Rock Smoke

Re: European Guys

Post by Abactus »

wah, damn

I won't be able to get off work

I would have loved to come too and meet all you guys (again ;) )
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Abactus wrote:wah, damn

I won't be able to get off work

I would have loved to come too and meet all you guys (again ;) )

dick day?? :winky: :winky: hahaha

Also friend who I thought was going to be there with a car turns out is going to be on vacation at that point so I'll look into a train/bus to the general area asap.
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

sorry buddy, there is just too much work to do :(
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Abactus wrote:sorry buddy, there is just too much work to do :(

No biggie, gotta do what you gotta do. Next time I make it back to Europe will be solely for races/car fun so we'll make the most of it then.
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

1 passenger ride is fixed ;) will be a 330 - 340 bhp S14 (they are still mapping) and its a sub 8 minute BTG car/driver (on road tyres).

would be cool if you can cam to the ring in a 20 - 30 miles circle :D
if its a bit more i dont care but i dont wanna miss the action at the ring for a long time ;)
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

TurboGrinch wrote:1 passenger ride is fixed ;) will be a 330 - 340 bhp S14 (they are still mapping) and its a sub 8 minute BTG car/driver (on road tyres).

if its a bit more i dont care but i dont wanna miss the action at the ring for a long time ;)

No problemo I'll get as close as possible (hopefully closer than 20-30 miles). I'll let you know when I have an idea of where I can get to.

-Zach
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Zach wrote:
TurboGrinch wrote:1 passenger ride is fixed ;) will be a 330 - 340 bhp S14 (they are still mapping) and its a sub 8 minute BTG car/driver (on road tyres).

No problemo I'll get as close as possible (hopefully closer than 20-30 miles). I'll let you know when I have an idea of where I can get to.

-Zach

It seems there is a way for me to more or less get to the ring (includes multiple transfers and a couple buses), I'd leave Dusseldorf at 6:50 and get there a little after 9 A.M. I'd be down to do this for the morning, and the quickest/easiest is for me to go to Bonn or Neuwied but those are both nearly an hour away from the ring and I don't want you to miss any of the day. Would it be possible for me to do the early morning departure straight to the ring and then at the end of the day drop me off in Bonn or just ride with you to Koln where I could snag a train back to Dusseldorf? I'm not sure if this girl is going to be interested in coming to the track even so it may just be me as I haven't heard back from her since I pitched the idea today. Let me know whats most convenient for you. I don't mind the transfers to end up directly there to save you the driving if you don't mind taking me as far as Koln or the nearest station for you.

-Zach
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

thats no problem, i can bring you to Bonn in the evening and drop you at a train station, thats fine. i´ve got time in the evening ;)

2 other bigger citys not near but in the area are Koblenz and Mayen maybe thats worth to check?
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

TurboGrinch wrote:thats no problem, i can bring you to Bonn in the evening and drop you at a train station, thats fine. i´ve got time in the evening ;)

2 other bigger citys not near but in the area are Koblenz and Mayen maybe thats worth to check?

Yeah the issue is the return ride for those two cities are over 50 euros whereas if I do the early morning thing direct and return out of Bonn or Koln I can do it for under 50 total. I'll wait until I hear back from the friend and let you know what the deal is.
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

okay cool.
bonn or Köln - Düsseldorf should be cheap. just Bonn or Köln - Nürburgring could be a bit weak.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

TurboGrinch wrote:okay cool.
bonn or Köln - Düsseldorf should be cheap. just Bonn or Köln - Nürburgring could be a bit weak.
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean I'm going to wait until I'm in Germany to buy any tickets, but I'll just plan on getting to Nurburgring in the morning via public transport and getting dropped off in either Bonn or Koln at night. Mind PMing me you phone number so I can get in touch with you when I get there?

-Thanks,
Zach
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

yeah no problem ;) PM sent.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

:slayer:
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

holy crap zach is going to be on "the ring" and in a car......so freakin stoked for ya man! cant wait to hear about your soon to be awesome day.

lucky zach!!!! so stoked and quite jealous.
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

im gonna start here in 2 hours, and will be at the ring this afternoon. I dont know if the internet there works, but you can reach me on my mobile ;)

hope to see you there :headbang: