wtf?

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Re: wtf?

Post by collink »

andysapp wrote:
Mischif wrote:
andysapp wrote:I'm with you on that, buddy. It stings the retina.

Don't work for free, though. They gotta pay to play!
I feel that by abolishing such a detestable couple of sites, I would be doing the internet such a great favor that I could even work for free.
No way dude. What it really does is weed out if a business is serious about what they do or not. People are quick to save a buck, and let their 7th grade nephew do it for free, or they try and do it themselves with Dreamweaver or FrontPage. Doing free work for entities like this only feeds the mentality that they don't have to pay for this kind of stuff, which is 1100000% false.

Think of it like a car. Nobody would build a car themselves just because they have a welder in the garage (except maybe Erin, cuz that motherfucker CAN), and they wouldn't ask Chevy to build them some custom car, then drive off with it without paying (or decide they don't like it and call up Ford - without paying Chevy for their work). And you, as a designer would never build someone a car for free just because they have some horrid rust-bucket that makes eyes bleed at FOERST glance.

Sorry for the rant. I'm dick of seeing myself and my friends get trampled on as creatives by business-types that think they're smarter/better/don't have to pay to play. It's bullshit. If people don't realize they need a REAL website by now, then fuck'm.

BTW... this totally applies like... ALL OVER America. Not just these two sites.
Dude, f'rill. I'm out $400 'cause this jizz bucket decided he wanted to completely fall off the face of the earth. His cell phone is going straight to voicemail...which is full. The company directory on his office IVR is busted, so I can't get to him that way. He hasn't replied to an email in FOREVER. The server I did the work on (because it was some weird framework I didn't have time/desire to set up on my server) is now inaccessible.

I don't know how/if I'm gonna get my moneh...

Might be time for my boy "Snake" to get violent...
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Re: wtf?

Post by Lightning »

collink wrote:
andysapp wrote:
Mischif wrote:
andysapp wrote:I'm with you on that, buddy. It stings the retina.

Don't work for free, though. They gotta pay to play!
I feel that by abolishing such a detestable couple of sites, I would be doing the internet such a great favor that I could even work for free.
No way dude. What it really does is weed out if a business is serious about what they do or not. People are quick to save a buck, and let their 7th grade nephew do it for free, or they try and do it themselves with Dreamweaver or FrontPage. Doing free work for entities like this only feeds the mentality that they don't have to pay for this kind of stuff, which is 1100000% false.

Think of it like a car. Nobody would build a car themselves just because they have a welder in the garage (except maybe Erin, cuz that motherfucker CAN), and they wouldn't ask Chevy to build them some custom car, then drive off with it without paying (or decide they don't like it and call up Ford - without paying Chevy for their work). And you, as a designer would never build someone a car for free just because they have some horrid rust-bucket that makes eyes bleed at FOERST glance.

Sorry for the rant. I'm dick of seeing myself and my friends get trampled on as creatives by business-types that think they're smarter/better/don't have to pay to play. It's bullshit. If people don't realize they need a REAL website by now, then fuck'm.

BTW... this totally applies like... ALL OVER America. Not just these two sites.
Dude, f'rill. I'm out $400 'cause this jizz bucket decided he wanted to completely fall off the face of the earth. His cell phone is going straight to voicemail...which is full. The company directory on his office IVR is busted, so I can't get to him that way. He hasn't replied to an email in FOREVER. The server I did the work on (because it was some weird framework I didn't have time/desire to set up on my server) is now inaccessible.

I don't know how/if I'm gonna get my moneh...

Might be time for my boy "Snake" to get violent...
a court notice does better than a cop knocking on your door for a connection to a beating.....
unhinged......no, not really.