Tease-o-rama

Pop a wheelie into outer space AND get the chick.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, icantdrift, EVOsaiyanPrince, POOPscandal

Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Tease-o-rama

Post by Zach »

Here's where it stands so far. I'm hoping to have the whole thing back together and running in a day or two. I'm working on it during the day when I'm not doing homework over my break. I'm waiting on my front tire to get in and then I'll have everything needed to ride it unless the front brake shoes are bad.

It turns out the broken kick-start spring also destroyed part of the stop(part of the block) for the kick-start mechanism so I decided to get crafty and built up a weld and ground it down(hoping it's strong enough to not break again). So now the motor has a new kick-start spring and has been re-gasketed + all those stupid screws that love to strip have been replaced with allen-head bolts. I painted the tank a while ago, and have been thinking I may go with gold on the Honda emblems so that it will match a brown seat better :D. More to come when I have it all back together

The tank had all the rust inside removed via a super tedious couple of days doing electrolysis while working on Sir Grant's car, and then was stripped down bare, smoothed out some dents and then spray painted, but with a ton of prep work and 4 layers of primer, 5 of color, 5-6 of clear so it turned out pretty nice. I've done a fair amount of other work cleaning it up, but still plenty left.
Treefish
Purple Drank

Re: Tease-o-rama

Post by Treefish »

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing together!
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

Treefish wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing this thing together!
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

That tank looks killer! Love the old emblems so much. Good progress man :asianslay:
siccccckkkkkkkk
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

*excite*
You've got the wrong answer
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

She runs!!! gotta tune the carb and finish putting stuffs back on.. pictures tomorrow hopefully!
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

Zach wrote:...pictures tomorrow...
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

So this is probably worse than not updating at all, but I'm frustrated with it. The bike runs, I managed to put the motor/transmission back together properly and my fix on the block seems to be holding up. The problems start with the fact that even after I rebuilt the petcock it leaks like a sieve. I managed to get it to seal finally by using plenty of Permatex number 1, but now if it's turned it'll start leaking again, so I either have to get a new petcock or place a valve in-line so I can turn off the flow of fuel. In the process of trying to fix the petcock/drain the tank to work on it I managed to spill gas ALL OVER the tank and ruin the paint job I spent so much time prepping. Then, in an effort to not re-mount the rear-fender I made a bracket, had my brother and dad suggest a different mounting solution right as I hit a questionable spot in drilling some holes and changed my mind, needless to say didn't work out and the last 2 hours had been in vain. I am running a capacitor now instead of a battery and also a small filter rather than the air-box so now I needed a way to mount all of my electronics so I had to make a small panel to neatly hide it all under the seat. Fire the bike up after hooking all the wires up and it's not going, turns out there is a short or two in the wiring for some of the rear-lights and the bike won't get spark because of it. To top it all off the day before I managed to break a squeeze clamp in the handle-bars that helps the throttle mechanism and so now it doesn't spring back. Over-working myself on the thing and allowing so many mistakes I decided to leave it at home until I make it through mid-terms well and will revisit it when I'm in a better state of mind. /end frustration

It's so close I can taste it though.

OH the hell with it, if you read that you deserve to see pictures, even if the tank is completely filthy/ruined now.
Still a lot of little stuff to do and plenty of cleaning up to be done.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

That sucks man!! I did almost the exact same thing, except I had like 2 hours of total prep on my tank and didnt give a fuck haha. Glad I just said to hell with it though, the FOERST day I rode it I filled it up and spilled gas all over it again. WOuld have been pissed if I redid it after the original mishap.

Its coming along though, lookin good so far. Keep at it.
siccccckkkkkkkk
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

This thing is rad zach! Glad you finally got a little cruiser to get around on
go fast or die
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Thanks duder! Just got it home, going to spend a bunch of the break finishing it up. It's so close I can taste it.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Ok, so I'm done changing much of anything aesthetically for the time being. I still have a wiring gremlin to sort before the thing is ridable regularly, but I'm pretty sure the regulator that's in the mail will fix it. On that note, I'd love to do a photo-shoot to unwind this weekend. I've got a lot going on this week trying to put together this music-video for my film-making class, so I'm going to want to kick it this weekend. We could grill out, drink beers and do a photo-shoot of the bike in the garage. I've got some 150 and 200 watt lights but nothing in the way of a soft-box/bounce whatever. If you guys are down we could make an afternoon of it, possibly the regulator will be here along with new bulbs before this weekend (they shipped out today I believe) and it may be running fine by then. Just want to do some proper photo fun of it rather than botch it.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

We should go ride instead! Get some on-the-road photos.
siccccckkkkkkkk
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

jsquared wrote:We should go ride instead! Get some on-the-road photos.
If I get it running properly by this weekend I'm beyond down, it will take 5 minutes to put on the voltage regulator and we'll find out quickly if that solved the problem. If it did I may have a little carb tuning to do, but with just a single it shouldn't take days at least.