MSF Course

Pop a wheelie into outer space AND get the chick.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, icantdrift, EVOsaiyanPrince, POOPscandal

CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

MSF Course

Post by CodyW »

I've been thinking about doing a GA MSF course for like 10 years now and finally decided to sign up. Andy is also in, and I'm pretty sure Wes, Ryan Ross, and possibly Alex are going as well. We're in for Saturday July 9/Sunday July 10 in Conyers (it was the closest that had anything available) if anyone else has any interest in joining.

The class is 2 days from 8:00-6:00 and at the end you'll get a voucher to get a full motorbike license if you pass the test. I think a few dM's have already taken it and found it quite valuable, sign on up if any of you guys want in (I think they're fairly limited on space so sign up now if you're down).

General info: https://online.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Direct link to our course: https://online.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/Re ... ourse=8683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(if that doesn't work, just go to the general page, view schedules for the Basic Rider Course, and pick Conyers for July 9/10)

After this, we are totally going to do some sort of epic cross country adventure so be ready. It might be a year or two or three, but it's one of those things I've just gotta get around to doing one day.

Holler!
Greg
Muscle Milk

Re: MSF Course

Post by Greg »

been trying to get in on one of those classes, just can't seem to get the funds and timing right.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

Man, these classes are SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! It's great that you get the license but it's also a good refresher if the instructor is good. Brings you back to the basics! I was probably going to get on the list for one of these when we get back to 'Merica, as it's been about 3 years since I rode. License is still good though!

Edit: Count me in on the cross country ride if I can actually swing (time and financially) it by the time you guys get it going!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

So fkn pumped!!!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Same here, except for having to buy boots now, haha.

Thinking some of the western variety might be pretty sweet for this, lol.
Treefish
Purple Drank

Post by Treefish »

Registered!!!!!! :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Awesome!
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

Ryan Ross has to wait til he get's paid next week. I'm going to wait to register with him, so there's not a chance of him being left out by himself. Hopefully there will still be spots left, otherwise he and I will have to do the class in PTC.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

I haven't been on in a while, and I think I've told you guys already, but I'm registered for the class, so we can all roll up there and learn stuffs together. Ryan is going to have to pass for now.

I'm kinda really excited about this class.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Dang, sucks he'll be missing out. I'm still super excited though.

PS, we need to make sure we check for construction on I-20 for that weekend. They've been doing it a ton lately (over the entire weekend) and one day it was like a 2 hour backup. I know the class is super strict about showing up early too so we don't wanna miss out.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Yeah for sure. Can't can't CAN'T be late or we get dropped with no refund.

If there's hella construction, I'm not opposed to sharing a hotel out there. Granted - it's more money to spend, but if it keeps us there on time, I'm for it.

I tried on those combat boots I bought for a costume in 2007 that I never wore... they are WAY too big - so I'm gonna have to source some boots. Wes and I were thinking about hitting up an Army surplus for some.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I was actually at the Forest Park army navy store on Saturday and they had some super cheap tan military issue looking ones (I think the brand was Condor or something) for like $39. Probably aren't the most comfortable things in the world, but that's way cheaper than everything else I had found so far (looked at cheap work boots and hiking boots at Bass Pro and everything was like $80+). I think I'm gonna borrow my friend Bobby's fancy Dainese boots for the weekend, but those surplus ones seem like a good deal for anyone looking.

I think we should be ok without the hotel too if we just plan for delays and check traffic/take back roads if necessary. Google maps only estimates an extra ~20 minutes (53 minutes total) for the trip if we avoid highways, so I say we just get up way early (6:00ish?) and just leave by 6:30 or so to make sure we have plenty of time. I'd like to hope that the side roads wouldn't be too crazy at that time of day, and I think they actually have construction info up prior to the weekend so I'll try to keep an eye on it.

EDIT: yea, looks like GA511 puts out a news PDF on the Friday before every weekend with closures and such: http://www.511ga.org/pressroom_page_lis ... erby=dDate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Ok. I'm prolly gonna crash at your place... but we all have to be super on-point about getting there on time! I don't want any of us (or all) to get dropped cause we were late.
Treefish
Purple Drank

Post by Treefish »

Gonna have to look for some boots soon. I don't really want something as bulky and inflexible as army boots though.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I might just buck up and buy a nice pair. IDK yet.