GC+RA

Pop a wheelie into outer space AND get the chick.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, icantdrift, EVOsaiyanPrince, POOPscandal

revel
Eet Bacon

GC+RA

Post by revel »

the swapped GC finally saw its FOERST track event. since it was my FOERST time i entered as beginner. quickly found out that the GC is a good bit faster than most A4s, S4s, RS4s, and VW GTIs. there was one blue S4 that i could stay right on the rear bumper of throughout the front half of the track, but he had a better line from turn 7 to the back straight every time and it would take me the whole back straight just to catch up.....as long as everyone gave me the point by. i was hitting around 160mph on that back straight.....had to check with a few of the audi guys since there speedometer goes that high (my needle was buried well past the 180kmph mark after shifting into 5th). the GC handled amazingly. just wish i could have pushed myself a little further since i knew the suspension could handle it, but the CEL would start flashing, only on the back straight for some reason and it only lasted for a few seconds. so i never hit full throttle and was shifting around 6500rpms. so time for a retune so i can shift at around 7800rpms and hopefully solve whatever was making the CEL freak out. i now know how bad i need a set of harnesses and atleast a 5point cage. well heres a vid: sorry about the poor footage.....another reason for a cage-in car footage! next time.

enjoy.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

looks like a lot of fun.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

no joke looks like a blast
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Jealous!!! :shock: damn I'd love to get out on Road Atlanta!!
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

all i know is i gonna start joining bmw/porshe/who the hell ever it takes to get out on road atlanta again. audi club is going to barber in november. mmmmmmm long sweepers, increasing and decreasing radius?es?. the one thing road atlanta doesnt quite have.
Silonius
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Silonius »

If you guys have weekends free, you should really check out NASA's work to drive program. For every 2 trackday weekends you work, you get a free trackday. And if you have 4 workers going together, they pay for the hotel room too.

Check it

A whole slew of Clemson guys do this since the parking Nazi stole our lots for autocrossing.

Hopefully I'll be at least working at Barber in October. I LOVE that track.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Dang Tylorrr.... that was AWESOME!11 How did you like RA?!? Isn't it gnarltown?! I should have been up there with ya. That was my deadline weekend for Slide America, so I had to sit it out.

Next one for sure. I've been DYING to get up there for some grip action.
I would love to see how the e46 does out there just grip-style.
:D
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

theres one coming up in november at barber. as long as the GC is runnning proper, then i will be going. its another audi club event.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

oh.......and RA is some of the best fun and intense driving i have ever done......yet. i will go back.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

RA the Rugged Track. Dang TyloR that shit looks fun. Oh I still 'member the days when ole girl had trouble keepin up with the pack, now she's wipin her ass with audis and other subes. Bravo, bravo...but what the FUCK does photobucket use to compress their vids?! A PXL2000?
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

charlie wrote:RA the Rugged Track. Dang TyloR that shit looks fun. Oh I still 'member the days when ole girl had trouble keepin up with the pack, now she's wipin her ass with audis and other subes. Bravo, bravo...but what the FUCK does photobucket use to compress their vids?! A PXL2000?
not sure. most of the bad res issue is my fault. still trying to learn how to compress 480mb videos down to like 30mb.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Quicktime h.264 works miracles. It will create a .mov file. I'm not sure if photobucket accepts the h.264 codec, but if so it's almost like magic how small the filesizes are! :)

Oh ps. In case you don't know, open the video that you export from FCP in Quicktime Player (which should have PRO enabled because you have FCP) and choose File > Export... Select Quicktime movie and set it to h.264 in the settings. Easy as pie! You can also adjust your size there if you wish. I would do that instead of letting photobucket or whoever resize because they suck.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

charlie wrote:now she's wipin her ass with audis and other subes.
YES!1