Any competitive riders about?

Pop a wheelie into outer space AND get the chick.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, icantdrift, EVOsaiyanPrince, POOPscandal

Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat

Any competitive riders about?

Post by Kronus »

What series are you in, and what has it taken for you to get to where you're at currently? Whore yourself out, everyone has a story.

Daily riding and teaching moto safety on the weekends isn't cutting it for me. I need more. I'm drafting the contract to sell my soul on E-bay as I speak for a wad of cash to get started with a competitors' license, and join a roadrace sanctioning body.
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

darkducati and enzo are*!

* badass.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Well, FOERST things FOERST, you need to go to a road racing school. The Ed Bargy school is the most common for doing this and is probably the least expensive. He also mainly runs out of Tally GP just outside of Talladega Al. I think the school is about $400. And you will learn some very valuable information so it's a good deal. This is less about learning to race and more about how to get through a WERA weekend without getting yelled at for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. WERA works on minute boards(5min 3min 1min)but they having nothing to do with the amount of time they are named(?). Some will be called twice. You have to know this shit like it is your mums uterus, know where you are and where to be pointed when it's time to disappear. WERA is really your only choice in the south for consistent racing with a National championship. It is exspensive but nowhere near as ridiculous as drifiting when considering the amount of tracktime involved. I spend about $350 per weekend for an endurance race, three sprint races, all practice sessions, and transponder rental. I get about three hours of track time over the course of the weekend. But, tires can last anywhere from two weekends to half a season depending on the bike and rider. What kind of bike are you going to race? If you want a dry run, we will be racing at Road Atlanta the last weekend of this month. I will be more than happy to have you tag along through the whole routine so you have a thorough understanding of what goes into it and what the WERA organization expects of the riders. It really is a blast and I can't think of anything that's more fun.
Beans and cornbread.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

<3
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

darkducati wrote:You have to know this shit like it is your mums uterus,
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

if i haven't been riding a motorcycle my whole life would it be silly to try to race one? also i'm a big guy.
please believe
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

P.Haire wrote:if i haven't been riding a motorcycle my whole life would it be silly to try to race one? also i'm a big guy.
No. It would be stupid. However, everyone has to start somewhere. I didn't really start riding until I was 20 so don't think you can't start now. And my fat ass weighs in at 225. You want to start out on street bikes and move up to track days. Once you have a few track days under your belt and you are comfortable being passed(and you will be passed if not lapped. Novice race classes run at the same time as expert class.)then you are good to take your school and start. You have to remember, all these other guys out there are human just like anyone else. There no reason anyone who is somewhat intelligent cannot go out and do this.
Beans and cornbread.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

charlie wrote:Image
YES.
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

andysapp wrote:
charlie wrote:Image
YES.
you stole me reply :lol:
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I'll share.
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

Who needs a track when you can do this everyday....mwahahaha :twisted:

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

EVOsaiyanPrince wrote:Who needs a track when you can do this everyday....mwahahaha :twisted:

Do what? Drive a train on grass with no tracks? Wow, that is impressive!
Beans and cornbread.
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

Chris, you are such a boner killer.... no wonder your wife takes "weekend" trips to NYC. Holler....

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

EVOsaiyanPrince wrote:Chris, you are such a boner killer.... no wonder your wife takes "weekend" trips to NYC. Holler....
Is she going to see you? Glad someone has figured out how to make her happy. And I wasn't try to kill your boner sweetie, I'm sorry. I just think you been in the concrete jungle of straight lines too long. You need to get back to the land of corners. Speaking of which, when are you coming back to Atl?
Beans and cornbread.