No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

mikespeed95
Get Some

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Post by mikespeed95 »

Thats awesome!! Haven't been on the internet in a couple days to see that.

Also

This makes me happy

Still a lot of work, and have to re-do a lot of the suspension once parts get here, but now I can roll the car around the shop to finish some stuff, and play with some more stuff with it on the ground.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

thats foosin dick!
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

lookin hella dick dog!
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
cONtRol FReAkS <--- CLicK it!
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Foosin dick..hahahah

Today was an awesome day, when me and my cousin originally got the shop space for our own purposes, it was just the 1000 sqft deal, which was fine. Then Derrick got royally screwed by Ameen and Amir of 786, needed somewhere to go, and my friend Garrett wanted in. The spot next door popped open and we got it, but we never had a chance to get the wall taken out.

Today with the help of some friends, finally dismantled the wall and gave all the stuff to the landlord so he could use it later if he wanted, and re-arranged the shop. It was pretty awesome before, but now I'm like ultra excited to really get to work here, I've been doing a lot of rinky dink maintenance stuff on random peoples cars for some income, and we've taken a couple customer cars doing performance stuff, but now that there is really some extra room, kinda excited about maybe making this more than a hobby shop, but time will tell.

Got all the fab/cleaning stuff up against the back wall, going to redo some electrical with the building, but this is pretty rad little setup.

Heres a shot from the 2nd floor, it looks sooooo huge without the wall there. Going to move all the stuff in the middle, but called it a night for tonight.

Huge thanks to my friends Jonathan, Donnie, Garrett, Mark and several others for lending a hand while working on their own stuff today.

I'll probably get back on it pretty hardcore after Christmas.

Sidenote, this also randomly pulled up tonight, the guy in the building East of me is a pretty cool guy I've been getting to know a little lately up at the shop, seems like a really cool/fun/smart car guy, and his friend rolled up in this he just finished, LS2 swap and a just beautiful car, I was like WHHOOOOOAAAA then I hear this faux-redneck voice be like "joooo boiz werk on el es juannnnns", was pretty awesome.

andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Daaamn!!!
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

JEW BOYZ?! :slayer2:
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

Mike, great name for the shop. :nodding:
unhinged......no, not really.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Hay guyth

Thought I'd whore up your forum with my copy paste updates since I'm up at 4am, and should be over there anyways, but I'm dick so I'm here working on this stupid s13 that has been done 1000x by everyone now.

Come to Texas Drift Series.

ctrl+v

Worked on it and got grumpy today.

Gonna change some stuff up tomorrow to make headers easier as per Derrick's advice on something I didn't even think about for header clearance.

Shop is awesome now that its all setup btw. Total win.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Here's an update for today, and about what else is going on with my shop space.

I've been doing this for a while, but Derrick and myself are gonna tag team a couple projects for some people, and do the shop thing, by appointment only. We made a Facebook page if you wanna check it out and/or keep track of the cars we're building and customer stuff. Our biggest thing right now is just doing drift knuckles and cages, and we have a LS1 swapped S13 we are redoing for a pretty cool guy who had another shop fail pretty bad at the swap. We're also building my car, the Brat, Jonathan has a 351 windsor Fox body we're playing with, my cousin has a 66 Belvedere, supercharged SRT8, and the coolest of the collection, Jeep Wagonner hunting truck. Derrick's projects include a LS powered E36 we're gonna start on soon, its an Aaron Losey consolidated project, his LS1 Miata, and 72 corolla. We've got some other cool stuff coming and going, if you wanna keep up, check it out by clicking this long colored underlined end of a run-on sentence.

Anyways, made motor mounts today, had to run to Houston for a large chunk of my day, so didn't get much done.

For those of you that don't know how cheap I am, instead of taking 3 minutes to cut some plate, I decided to re-use the plate from my old mounts. About 20 minutes of grinding got me this, haha.

Getting some seat-time on the chair at the Tig table, still trying to figure out which way works for me as far as adding filler. Just need to get a little more time playing with it, still have maybe an hour at most of actual welding time, but getting it kinda...

And whala! A 2011 Dodge Charger!

Or motormounts.

Funny side story, after bolting motormounts on, Derrick observes as I absent mindedly try to pick the engine up to remove jackstand. Derrick quickly reminds me engine is now bolted to car. I crawl out of engine bay and pick up car with radiator support, haha.

Still got a LOT to do.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

there are updates to be shared! :slayer:
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Figured I'd post some updates since I might get stupid and see some of y'all next weekend, and my chosen mode of transportation will be my new best freind, who happens to be black.

Finally went and got some expansion foam. This is absolutely NOT structural, this is to keep smoke out of my cabin, and the nice conditioned air inside of it. This was the last thing I needed to do before putting all the body panels on. Just need to cut off the excess foam from the inside, and sand down the panel bond/seam sealer stuff I put on the firewall edges and some other places, repaint, and done with all that jazz.

And subsequently

Gonna have to take a couple inches out of the spoiler to make it work, but you get the idea. Its now busting a fat chill in the other shop ( which is for 100% storage). Exciting news is Derrick's machine shop is cranking away on the engine (built 383 Lsjuan, 550rwhp on pump gas = I'm going to jail ), once I have that in my hands I'll actually be motivated to finish this thing so should make some really good progress early/mid summer.

Derrick's been working on this, its pretty LOL.

Been tryin to stay healthy

Also I've been taking care of my Grandma sorta ever since my Uncle (which was her son, my Dad is a completely MIA Dad and a MIA Son) got killed in April of 2008. When I was in 8th grade, my Grandad got me a basketball goal so he could school me at horse. For the longest time I thought he was really good, till the neighbors ratted out that he sat outside for about 5 hours a week practicing these trick shot's he'd always get me with. Haha. Anyways, I decided the goal wasn't dong any good rotting away at the house, so now its at the shop, and I get even less done than normal.

Bought a bike to try it out, had a Kawasaki 454ltd for about a month, sold it two weeks ago and got this

Yamaha Virago 1100. Its SO fun to ride. Its just a v-twin cruiser bike, and I think I've taken it above 80 once (and it moves pretty good up there). Normally it gets ridden between 30-50 and I absolutely love this thing, and have been riding it any chance I get especially errands. Wanna get some louder pipes for it and some bags, and swap out the handlebars, but man, it is really a pleasure getting to ride this thing. Power is awesome (I never crack the throttle open really around town at all!) and its still decently nimble for a cruiser (It scrapes the exhausts, which is a lot more than it should do).

Today I hung out with some of my friends and we went on a random 50 mile cruise, then I defended the home court adding two more wins to my 21 record at the shop (I'm up to 13-2 now).

We've been working on Alex (Dailydrifter Alex)'s 240Z, and I can't get over how cool this car looks. It was a really nice (and hot) day today, got bored waiting on some parts and took some pictarz. And since this thread has turned into I'm bored on the internet and posting pictarz, these fit in quite well here. Tried to find only the most classy backgrounds possible at/near the shop. I need to get a camera and quit kidding around with my phone.

And the new classy yet trashy motorcycle in some settings that really emphasis the essence of its classiness.

That's whats going on over here in Tejas. *Hopefully* I'll see y'all next weekend, and it was really great catching up with some of y'all at FD Atlanta.

'Merica.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

GODDAMMIT I REALLY WANT A MOTORCYCLE.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Awesome update buddy. Had a blast hangin' with you at FD!!!
<3
mobceo
Stale Meat

Post by mobceo »

really good to see buddy
SLAM Racing......do you have what it takes??
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

I'm hungry now
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Went to Mc Donalds. New item on 99 cent menu, Mc Missile. Its american, handles poorly, and has been linked with obesity.

Introducing Americastang. My $2k impulse buy so I can actually drive until the Camaro is done *hopefully* later this year.

Has a 351 with some sort of aftermarket heads, cam, and a really nice t5. Only thing I'm gonna do is some sweet bumper stickers, maybe a RIP Dale window sticker, some simple simple off the shelf suspension, have Derrick design some Fox knuckles, and some sort of simple cage.

Goal is have something where if someone brought us a car exactly like this for $3k they could have a car that could drift anything in Tejas, survive a track day, do autocross, and run 11's.

I'm really excited about this. Foxes are probably the worst platform from a suspension design standpoint, and the smallblock Ford is the most anemic of all the powerplants, although the Windsors are kinda cool.

2nd gear test to earn American Citizenship

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1/yS/r/wKjaP4AL37H.swf?v=10101145636567014&ev=0

Jonathan's yellow car and my sando car.

This should be really fun, these cars are also pretty awesome because they can take a beating really really really really well.

Follow along progress on Americastang, and other goings on, including a couple of Lone Star Drift series driver's cars at Facebook.com/theawesomeshop

Like it now and help us pick out a Dale Earnhardt sticker for Americastang.

Works great on Forza
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100422071641891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;