~ Post a Picture of Your Ride ~

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

struka
Slippery When Westicles

Re: ~ Post a Picture of Your Ride ~

Post by struka »

the benz looks super s ick or dick
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

That Benz strikes me as the kind of car that when challenged to a duel, it would calmly pull it's glove off of it's hand, finger by finger...and then sock you in the eye.
- Peter -- '66 Pontiac Le Mans
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

My FOERST subadubaru. Fuckin Love this thing.
go fast or die
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

so good.
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

Progress report. Springs/shocks should arrive this week or early next week, and I'll head up to my parent's house to get the front end back together. Tore everything down on the front end to coat the frame with POR-15. Once I get the front end stuff back together, I'll probably get ready to lift the body off to replace the bushings and coat the rest of the frame.

Engine and trans are with my Uncle Peter Man, who is plenty capable of building a badass motor that will last an eternity. The plan is to update the engine with a roller cam, hardened valve seals (to accommodate unleaded fuel, something the original units aren't designed for), ditch the weak 2 barrel carb and intake manifold for a more effective 4 barrel...and a lil bit of nitrous just because.

I cannot wait for the day that I have a lift.

Also, ditched the factory front drum brakes, switched over to disc brakes. I may end up splurging and doing the rears as well while I'm at it.

I really, and I mean REALLY wanna do burnouts in this thing. Bad.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I really want to SEE burnouts in this thing!
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

Uncle Peter Man. hahaha
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

Greg wrote:Uncle Peter Man. hahaha
I figured that would be good for a laugh or two. ;)

Good news, my Dad called today and said the springs and shocks arrived. Looks like a Summit trip is on the horizon early next week to get some control arm bushings. I'm interested to see how it sits, even though it probably won't look much different without an engine in there.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

needs moar full body pics
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by DJones »

down_shift wrote:needs moar full body pics
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

DJones wrote:
down_shift wrote:needs moar full body pics
Of Peter Man
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Greg wrote:Uncle Peter Man. hahaha
Check out the breast exam!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

I drove by dobbins yesterday and was like, "man, I wonder what peter man is up to."
please believe
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

I think about you guys all the time.

I gots no friends down here b.c I work the weekend shift. :/ But I got my ol lady, so she keeps me stable.

Moar progress pics coming this week hopefully.
wroegge
Fresh Meat

Post by wroegge »

Hello duders. I've never done a build thread on my 1995 Nissan 240sx and with the amount of work I've done on it lately - I feel like looking back on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxuWt28Dcfw
In 2008, I bought the car from a friend of Ricky Chu (who I worked with at RiceboyTv) - it was very stock besides a set of Tanabe coilovers and a Tomei short shift kit. I really having a rear wheel drive car. My previous and FOERST car was a 1996 Mazda 626 - so having a 5 speed and a lot of after market parts to choose from meant all my rice dreams could finally come true. Problem was I didn't have any money. Riceboy was able to get me a set of RPF1s, a new Mishimoto Radiator, AEM intake and an NRG steering wheel/quick release. I liked working there and was bummed when the company went under. It had really just started to re-kindle my love for sport compact cars.

From 2008-2011 it was my one and only daily driver. It was fun as hell in the rain and scary as fuck in the snow when I drove it from Vancouver, BC to Cleveland, Ohio after I finished up working for Electronic Arts for Need for Speed Shift 2.
In 2011, I finally was able to make some more power by adding a turbo setup. In Ohio I installed the ISIS RS3871 turbo, ISIS front mount, HKS BOV, 550cc injectors, fuel pump, head gasket, head studs, and AEM tru boost/wideband A/F.
I drove the 14 back out to Los Angeles with Linhbergh. We documented the trip on Speedhunters.
2012 - fitting the Origin Stylish kit. Added a Seibon Carbon Fiber hood and trunk.
Early 2013 after getting it painted.
I eventually ditched the FMIC for a Part Shop Max Mid Mount intercooler and the s13 reflashed ECU for an AEM EMS 2. The FOERST tune was done by AEM wizard Mitch Peterson and made about 230hp before the stock pistons and rings started to get oil blow by.
So I bought motor #2 an s13 KA24de off of craigslist and swapped it into the 14.

Plus I finally got to take it to track and drift it a few times.

Then motor #2 failed the same as #1 - piston cracked between the rings. So I decided to buy forged internals and rebuild. I had a machine shop up the street balance and blueprint the block - clean and bore - then assemble the short block with the new Supertech pistons and BC rods.
Motor #3 made much better numbers, but the turbo would fall off after 4k rpm and fall to 10psi (max 14psi)
This past week I got in a fun half day at Willow, before the turbo failed. Soon - new turbo and retune.