I went out to buy myself a truck...

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Re: I went out to buy myself a truck...

Post by jsquared »

33x105's are so hard to find, thats the size I want but theres only like 3 tires available and they are all baller.
siccccckkkkkkkk
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Pay 2 play brah
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

You've probably already seen them, but a couple of the guys at work (as well as reviews I've read) have had great things to say about the BFG KM2.

I definitely don't think $180/tire is cheap, although it seems to be totally average for any mud tires (plenty of the Mickey Thompson's we sell at work are like $300-$400 each so I actually though $180 wasn't too awful). Also read reviews of those BFG's getting like 40k+ miles which seems nice. I still think $800ish for a full set is pretty steep compared to what I've been used to for cheap drift tires and what I've been running on the Fit, but I guess it's part of the deal for off-road stuff.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Yeah it's just the fact that you're getting more material per tire in comparison to a car tire with a much smaller tread and sidewall profile.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Oh sweet I hadnt seen those! Been shopping for more AT tires like the Goodyear Duratrac, if those are pretty OK on the road they might be just the ticket. Will have to decide soon, gonna be pulling the diffs in the next few weeks to get regeared and want to do the tires at the same time. From what the PO said the 12.5's are great at throwing mud right into the cab so Im hoping something a bit skinnier will tuck em in just enough to keep the inside clean(er).
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Yea, the reviews say they aren't too bad on road. I'd like to ride in some to find out but sound potentially good.

Erin also said the Yokohama Geolander AT's are supposed to be really nice, decently priced, and last forever. Don't think they have a 33x10.5 though :(.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

CodyW wrote:Yea, the reviews say they aren't too bad on road. I'd like to ride in some to find out but sound potentially good.

Erin also said the Yokohama Geolander AT's are supposed to be really nice, decently priced, and last forever. Don't think they have a 33x10.5 though :(.

33x10.5 is an uncommon size in general. The normal width for a 33 is 12.5 as evidenced by the number of options in that size. Generally if you want a 10.5 width you'd run a 31" tire. Same goes for 32's normally being 11.5 width. If you want tall and narrow BFG is about the only choice.

[commercial] The Geolandar A/T-s is a great all-terrain option that has good street manners, very quiet for an AT tire, still great wet/snow traction, and most people that take care of them get well over 60k miles on a set (I have several customers getting 75-80k on larger trucks with proper maintenance and a lot of road miles). For anything other than deep mud they will be great. They tend to fall on the lower end of the price spectrum when compared to the competition, and they even have a mileage warranty. [/commercial]