KoruWorks S14 Project

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Greg
Muscle Milk

Re: KoruWorks S14 Project

Post by Greg »

needs more tire on those rims.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

once the rest of the suspension parts get installed and the car gets aligned to better specs, will see how much room is left for more meats. hoping i can shove atleast a 265/40 under those flares
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

revel wrote:once the rest of the suspension parts get installed and the car gets aligned to better specs, will see how much room is left for more meats. hoping i can shove atleast a 265/40 under those flares

when you "camber to fit" those under the flares you are never going to be able to spin the tires without exploding the axles.

nevermind fuck it. you haven't listened yet you never will. glws
-dan
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

HATERDAN wrote:
revel wrote:once the rest of the suspension parts get installed and the car gets aligned to better specs, will see how much room is left for more meats. hoping i can shove atleast a 265/40 under those flares

when you "camber to fit" those under the flares you are never going to be able to spin the tires without exploding the axles.

nevermind fuck it. you haven't listened yet you never will. glws
not going to camber to fit cause just like you stated, its the wrong way to go about things. going to set camber to near zero and see how much tire i will be able to run. should be able to house a 265/40 with no issues. maybe a 275, but will have to see FOERST.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

if you run zero camber with a 275 you are gonna have the same.....

forget it. play on
-dan
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

didn't stewart leask discover the main reason people blow axles to be over extending the cv joint due to camber correction. his fix was either to shorten the lower control arm or find slightly longer axles. then b-rad made a spacer for axles. either way this car will probably have dss axles and the real worry will be blowing up diffs or transmission. T, you're planning on using martin crawler stuff though right?
please believe
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

yes. tran is already built with the full MarlinCrawler "take the abuse" kit and the DriftMotion 3/4 fork. as for tires, once the camber/toe is set up how I like it i will figure out what tire i like. as for axles, their are plenty of guys out there running factory axles with their built LS/JZ/SR motors with no issues. If I do start popping axles/CVs I got a handful of spares already and once those get depleted I will switch out for the DSS units. plus its a drift car shit is going to break no matter what I do or what parts I install or how the car is setup, its just part of having a built motor that will get driven.

thanks for lookin out and helping me make the right decisions Dan. you may not think it but i do listen, and i have put a lot of what you have told me into how i build my cars. once i finally stopped being stubborn about not running any sway bars and tried it out, i liked it. then i messed around with sizes and running no front or no rear until i found what i felt fit my driving style. now i run just a rear bar on the s13. so please continue to speak your mind....cause i know you will and i love ya for it. also you gotta stop being so damn stubborn on setups. everyone drives differently, thus everyone has a different ideal setup.

if i do start breaking axles left and right you can point at me, laugh, and say "see you stubborn fuckhead, told ya that shit would happen" and then we can both laugh and bro out.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

dudes are still breaking tons of s14 axles the s14 is the worst one. you can get those geo masters or whatever the fuck they are and kinda fix it but then you'll just assplode all the diffs. then the pinion gear then you start snapping drive shafts. J-wang started making WAY LESS power to stop breaking stuff and he mopped up in USdrift and MDU.
-dan
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

damn. didnt realize the s14 axles were that bad. the 5star s13 axles hold up pretty well until around 450whp. seen a few running 500whp still running stock axles, they usually replace them once a year just in case tho. might just go ahead and get the DSS rear axles now instead of waiting for the stockers to snap.

see. you got good info dude
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

I would. It will save you some heartache
-dan
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

FWIW, I've never snapped an axle but I've replaced 6 transmissions between my car and Finishline cars. (Input shaft, output shaft, usualy 3rd gear) and mashed a (sprung) clutch. I think it's because I've always run a 2 piece driveshaft and never run super low.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

foilman wrote:FWIW, I've never snapped an axle but I've replaced 6 transmissions between my car and Finishline cars. (Input shaft, output shaft, usualy 3rd gear) and mashed a (sprung) clutch. I think it's because I've always run a 2 piece driveshaft and never run super low.
yeah stay outta here with your 2003 spec advice haha
-dan
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

Trans only here too.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

Update:
no more KA
1.5JZ test fittings
angles
so much gooooooooooooooooooold and friends
Last edited by revel on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

NICE! but Emily doesn't seem to be impressed. Lol.