Private drift day for the ladies?

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Re: Private drift day for the ladies?

Post by Tracy »

LOL on the fake orgasm. I got busted forgetting the cameras are around all the time.

But yes, Lieze, I think I will be able to gather 15 girls. I think I have 10 already interested and it's day 2. If it's free, I know I will get them together.

About the media, I will probably have 1 person there, but as we all know it's a private day, so we have to keep the numbers down or the price jacks.
Hert
Clam Salesman

Post by Hert »

Epik wrote:i'm fwd ing this to a lady i know that can drive the hell out of her s13. her hubby own Showzone in charleston and i've watched her progress big time over the past 2 years in MB.

on a side bote.. watching BR3 tonite.. nice kill on the Lambo, Tracy.. funny ish.
I finally met the showzone crew, they're awesome, and I heard she gets down behind the wheel.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I have to say... that I think anyone, male or female that are too worried about spinning out and being embarrassed probably won't make it very far with drifting. Kinda like when I hear kids saying they have to practice and get good before they come to a Southeast Drift event (which is... a practice event).

Spinning out means you are learning. You have to learn to get better. Being out there spinning out and learning seems a helluva lot better riding the bench wishing you were out there driving. If anything... girls that want to get into drifting should know that they will probably have a million dudes chomping at the bit to help them in anyway they can.

Hopefully you can get enough girls to do a private day... and hopefully it will help get more girls involved.
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

In all honesty it was just an idea I had on a whim and the response has been pretty big. I really didn't even expect there to be any interest, but that's how most of the good things I have been involved with came about it.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Sweeeet. I hope it works out!
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

I'm all about lady drivers but why the need for a private day? why not just have them learn like everyone else does.

PS maybe the ladies already involved in the sport shouldn't make the dudes hate them so much so new ladies would feel more welcome and not be looked at as an attention whore.

jussayin
-dan
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

Ok. I am going to back out here because it really wasn't supposed to be anything like it is turning into. If you would like to attend, feel free to email me. There are DM private days, there are Gresham private days. I don't see the big deal. I learned like everyone else, so I understand the concept of learning like everyone else. I also understand the other side of the coin and the feelings that some of the ladies might have.

Thanks for all of your input and like I said, it wasn't my intention to turn this into a debate or an issue or anything of the sort. I was just trying to do some things for the girls and didn't realize it would offend anyone or stir up controversy.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

this thread has pretty much turned out how i expected. why? because there are like 200 dudes on here and like 2 chicks.
please believe
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

Well word apparently spreads from here because 3 girls have called me because they heard about THIS thread and one of them lives in STL. So thanks to DM.com for that :headbang:
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

P.Haire wrote:this thread has pretty much turned out how i expected. why? because there are like 200 dudes on here and like 3 chicks.
edited.
please believe
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

I agree with the boys Tracy. I do have to say. I've heard many girls that claimed they wanted to drive, but somehow never showed up for local events. They would always make up an excuse of some sort. If anything, it just showed me the difference between people that are serious about something and others that just claim they are for attention.

Anyway...I also understand that many girls are shy and scared to drive with boys because of the criticism that is involved with a girl trying to make it in a male pro dominant sport. Maybe an event like this will help girls realize that boys aren't very critical, unless they see you're only trying to get into it for attention. If you really love the sport, and are willing to change your own tires, then I bet they'd have just as much respect for u as the next dude.

Maybe an event like this will help girls realize this and they would finally come out to local events with all the boys :). I think to help this, we should allow some of our DM boys to come, so that way they can help teach the girls to drive the hole day. Kinda like a private tutor. Just a thought :)

So you're trying to make it free for all the girls, so no $160? That'd be awsome! Aaannnnddddyyyyy. I wanna drive. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3