Friday Night Drags @AMS - Tonight

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Treefish
Purple Drank

Friday Night Drags @AMS - Tonight

Post by Treefish »

http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/events/drags/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also gonna go to this if anyone's interested.

Courtney said it's the opening week and it's just for fun, no points or anything. $7 to spectate, or $20 to race (or park in the infield I think, not sure). Anyways, I have almost no tire left on the 350z so I'm gonna go flog it before I change them out next week.

Anyone else wanna redneck it up at the drag strip?

Gates open at 6, practice runs are from 6:30 to 8:30 so it is encouraged to be here at 6 or just shortly after if you plan on running.

Edit: Pricing
it's $20 to race/park in the infield and then for every other person in your car it's $7.

Free to park in the regular parking... and people can use the pedestrian tunnel to get down to the infield without having to park there, and then its $7 per person.

"Spectator entry for Friday Night Drags is just $7. Competitors pay $20 to drag race or enter the Show-N-Shine, or a combo-ticket to enter both can be purchased for $30. Outside parking is free or fans can park on the Speedway’s Infield for close proximity to the action for just $20. Motorcycle parking is free on the Infield.

Pit gates open at 6:00 p.m. for competitors and grandstand gates open at 6:30 p.m. for fans. The drag Tech Area will open at 6:00 p.m. and practice runs begin at 6:15 p.m. and run through 8:15 p.m. A driver’s meeting will take place at 8:25 p.m. Drag racing eliminations begin at approximately 9:19 p.m. and follow Friday Night Drags’ nightly Opening Ceremonies at 9:10 p.m. Please note, no minors are allowed in the pre-stage/grid area or winner's lanes and only the driver and one crew member are allowed in winner's lanes.

For the Show-N-Shine car show, judging begins at 6:30 p.m. Entrants are invited to participate in a Show-N-Shine Speedway Cruise around Atlanta’s 1.54-mile quad oval track at 8:20 p.m., but are encouraged to return to their vehicles before 8:00 p.m. to stage for the Cruise. Following the Cruise, the Show-N-Shine Awards Ceremony will take place at 8:55 p.m. on the Speedway’s frontstretch in front of thousands of racing fans"
Last edited by Treefish on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Re: Friday Night Drags - Tonight

Post by ChadMK4 »

I would be down but I think me and Mathew are gonna go smoke some fine Stogies and drink some good scotch at the Perimeter tonight.
Treefish
Purple Drank

Re: Friday Night Drags @AMS - Tonight

Post by Treefish »

I'm def. going, hope some of you guys make it out to hangs or whatevs.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Re: Friday Night Drags @AMS - Tonight

Post by jsquared »

I cant make it out of work until about 6, sorry mang :( MW2 tonight for me! lol
siccccckkkkkkkk