HIN/NOPI $3000 GYMKHANA & OPEN SESSION DRIFTING AT

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Re: HIN/NOPI $3000 GYMKHANA & OPEN SESSION DRIFTING AT

Post by P.Haire »

mobceo wrote:and 4 of my staff that did a Nashville HIN demo "and made the show" and never got any thing
i still feel terrible about that. what's worse is nick went to the hospital that day because ernie mansalad thought he would be cute and run his mouth.
please believe
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

[html]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwv3d-ixB1c&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwv3d-ixB1c&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/html]
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

just thought I'd stop in to say it was business as usual for nopi

no prizes
no trophies

50+ bucks to get in
10 dollar hot dogs

I really hope everyone involved with this shit fucking dies to the point that I pray for their deaths

don't support nopi
-dan
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

oh dip. hater dan is friggin PISSED... and he's NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.

[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

well when you lure people in with prize money they pay 120+ bucks to drive in the contest and then they say "oh well there was a lower than expected turn out so the contest isnt fair" and they have 12,000 spectators at 50 bucks a person plus how ever much it is to enter for the drift/gynkhana on top of that they easily brought in

you can't give out 1% in prize money/trophies because you didnt make what you expected? get fuckin serious

crooks
-dan
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

http://hinnopi.com/cs_dsp_newsart.php?vnid=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so no $3g's for the gymkhana huh?
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I thought Nopi went under. I'm so confused.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

the events company went under. the parts company is still around so Im guessing its the parts company or a new events company.

*edit found this
[html]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLysxoidV5A&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLysxoidV5A&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/html]
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

down_shift wrote:http://hinnopi.com/cs_dsp_newsart.php?vnid=19

so no $3g's for the gymkhana huh?
nope

and nobody got a trophy yet. its the top of conversation on like every local new jersey / new york import forum
-dan
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Looks legit. Sign me up.

For the bikini contest.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

I just read the thread on club loose. sounds almost exactly like Import Alliance.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

HATERDAN wrote:are we really gonna get paid this time or is it gonna be like HIN last year were no one gets any money?

hey look at that I can predict the future!
-dan
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

HATERDAN wrote: hey look at that I can predict the future!
I paid my $55 for a two day gymkhana.

I have a spare pass if anybody wants to ride along. It's free if you are pretty, crewing (not that I need crew for this), or... what the hell... pretty much anybody. Who wants it?

Dan.. roll the bones. I'm hoping for an adventure.
Zigerus
Clam Salesman

Post by Zigerus »

Wow that's some shady shit. Fuck that.
Control Freaks!~ http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throttle fixes everything. Love is kissing your rear bumper into a snowbank at 40 mph and not leaving a scratch. If hookers carried active differentials in their purses and knew how to use 'em, I wouldn't be married. Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem. Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer. If the car isn't moving around under power, you are a small, testicle-free squirrel. The handbrake fixes everything left-foot braking doesn't fix, including philosophical issues with most major religions and the heartbreakingly impossible question of what you should have for dinner*.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

So I was at my shop the other night, and Aaron Losey was over pulling his engine out. He was having axle problems, so I was going to give him a spare set of my Drive Shaft Shop axles for XDC NJ.

Anyways, we're talking, and he mentions how DSS never paid him for his contingency at Nopi events. Neither did SPEC. Here's the kicker.

I set both of those programs up. Driveshaftshop and Spec both paid the fee, along with in advance giving the Meyers the full contingency payout for the year up front, so NOPI could cut checks at the event. Then NOPI told them that DSS/Spec owed them.

What the hell gives here, since you're posting trying to defend yourself, lets hear it.

I left on decent terms as I couldn't take the BS there anymore, but hearing that last night genuinely kinda pissed me off. I realized after a while that hiring more than 3 people was more than y'all wanted to spend on the drifters, meanwhile Mark rang up a $2200 tab in one night, which was more than the entire weekend budget on drift staff, trying to get into the model's pants, unsuccessfully at the hotel bar in Miami, (although one of them did ask me if I wanted to stay in her room, so I'm sure someone benefitted from that money well-spent), and I can only make so many people try to help pay the drivers, and get more driver/company relations started, and only so many people are willing to throw liscencing events for free so they can get their local guys at the events, but seriously, I personally set up contingency programs with several companies, and to hear Aaron inform me that after these companies paid you guys for the contingency programs, you told the drivers to ask the companies for money, I gotta ask what the hell went on there?

This is seriously about as shady as when I found out Batlground was paid per driver for the 2006 demos, and didn't share any of that with the drivers they were paid to bring.

The few people that are shady cocksuckers in Atlanta, really do earn their reputation. No middle road in that town, you're either awesome like everyone else here, or you are in the above paragraphs taking money that was allotted for other people.

*Edit* I wasn't going to bring this up, but seeing this thread and that video that was posted, and since the conversation happened yesterday...I don't get it, explain. I didn't really have any hard/negative feelings after I left, just with all the death/funeral stuff going on, and the difficulties I was having making any progress towards getting the events run properly, (READ: Judges JUDGING, and someone to do tech/racecontrol/safety/grid/etc, instead of the judges doing ALL of these things. Thank God the 1st event was in Florida and I was able to call in 10,000 favors) but as time went by I really lost any grain of respect I still had for you guys seeing your choices made in business practice, and character in general.

You people still have my phone number, and contact info, so if you'd like to explain it off here, I'd like to know. I put a lot of time/work into setting up those programs, and to find out that you got paid, then didn't pay the drivers back, with the companies that I personally talked to, that trusted that you would properly channel the funds as portrayed money, really chaps my hide.

There were a lot of people who wanted to see a decently run, tier II series come out for those who didn't have the funding, or desire to run FD, and you guys really just ruined it.