TO presents: Leave YO Girl @ HOME!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Re: TO presents: Leave YO Girl @ HOME!

Post by shawn shawn »

bighuyner wrote:I had a blast despite frustrations the downpipe to my header keeps vibrating loose and getting a bad headache.
Your car saw you toying around with that new shell and is giving up on life. It's jealous.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

revel wrote:
blink182house wrote:so when you started all the way in the back where i was you couldve hit 4th? lol damn i need moar boost. i was just slamming 3rd right as i initiated, so sketchy on the rpm's too.
i might...might.....could get to 4th if i started at the fence, but no way i could initiate in 4th.

helmets and loud cars make things hard to hear.....i thought you were saying that if you started from the fence you could initiate in 4th. oh the confusion.

either way i gotta go back so we can actually complete a tandem run without me spinning and then my transmission taking a dump mid course
yeah, helmet cam make conversations much more interesting haha! btw, where do you guys get those things to hang your helmet from the roof, or cage, when you're not wearing it? seems like an awesome idea to not lose your helmet, save space, and air it out.

and yea, i had to start there to even get it CLOSE to 3rd, moar boost is needed now. i got all kinds of purdy bolt on bits and pieces, but i run 100% stock sr (turbo, boost, internals) except headstuds/headgasket, which probably saved me since when i WAS slamming 2nd through those FOERST two turns, i'd finish the run overheated as hell and have to go do 5th gear laps up the drag strip. i think randy is gunna help a bruhthah out and hook me up with an older boost controller.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

http://www.google.com/products?q=helmet ... CDEQrQQwAg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
AndrewC
Fresh Meat

Post by AndrewC »

^^brilliant!

GAT DANGIT i want to go drive! reading this is pumping me up for moarz!
r u guys going thru the 1st turn in 3rd? i guess i've just been upshifting to 3rd when coming out of it. wish i had more laps to get use to it and link that second turn over by the little building in 3rd. will keep you guys posted on the next one fo sho! definitely possible to squeeze one in before the year is over... :winky:
froggi
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

AndrewC wrote:^^brilliant!

GAT DANGIT i want to go drive! reading this is pumping me up for moarz!
r u guys going thru the 1st turn in 3rd? i guess i've just been upshifting to 3rd when coming out of it. wish i had more laps to get use to it and link that 10-second turn over by the little building in 3rd. will keep you guys posted on the next one fo sho! definitely possible to squeeze one in before the year is over... :winky:
when i started from between the trees i could just make it into 3rd in time to clutch kick it for the entry, then just stand on it to make it the jump corner. FOERST couple times i took it in 2nd but was all over the rev limiter, and my clutch did not like me up shifting into 3rd mid drift one bit cause when i would hit the throttle nothing would happen but tons of engine spin.

getting a rolling start from where senior chang was standing was my favorite approach tho. cruise down in second and just after turning around to line up just mash the gas and could be in 3rd well before the entry.

cant wait to go back.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

what setup are you running on your sr? turbo, boost, built, tuning? just curious.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

blink182house wrote:what setup are you running on your sr? turbo, boost, built, tuning? just curious.

20g turbo about 18 psi, motor was freshen with forged pistons. bc264 cams tomie exhaust mani, gready intak,e pfc tuned by topspeed. about 380hp
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

matts13 wrote:
blink182house wrote:what setup are you running on your sr? turbo, boost, built, tuning? just curious.

20g turbo about 18 psi, motor was freshen with forged pistons. bc264 cams tomie exhaust mani, gready intak,e pfc tuned by topspeed. about 380hp
ok now i feel a little better about having to start so back for third. im runnin stock internals w/ headgasket-studs, stock turbo, stock boost. just lots of bolt ons to free up a couple psi, its probably at full boost like 10psi not 7psi, but i need that controller to get me another 20hp. no funds to go big-boy-build, but i think i'll suffice :slayer: