OK I get it now

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Roadkill
Ripe Meat

OK I get it now

Post by Roadkill »

OK , I get it. Your not interested in these Lanier events. Out of 3 threads for 3 events with over 200 views there was only a few serious replies and a handful of bs remarks:
Roadkill wrote:
Anyone on here still drive their cars?
Mines doing a great job as a storage shelf. :mrgreen:
mine does a great job of getting me fast food late at night.
bighuyner
I don't trust my car to drift with walls around.
ChadMK4
I might possibly come out but I don't know if I'll drift the track.
Roadkill wrote:
Anyone on here still drive their cars?
As an elite group of elitists we don't have to, so why take the risk?

andysapp
My car is still broke... just like my bankback mountain.
Cankles
i was not driving before not driving was cool
JJ Alfano wrote:
cankles, you were right about the PP vs BP. im sorry i was such a jerk

http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lifewithcankles.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Profile Send private message

shawn shawn
Cankles wrote:

I saw you drive a hachi once!
ImageImage
Inappropriate Chris wrote:
Powdered Sugar!!
Cankles

shawn shawn wrote:
Cankles wrote:
I saw you drive a hachi once!
JJ Alfano wrote:
cankles, you were right about the PP vs BP. im sorry i was such a jerk

Sorry if the best I can do to keep drifting going isn't good enough for your "elite group of elitists"

I will not waste your time or bandwidth with any more posts
Howard
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Re: OK I get it now

Post by foilman »

Howard, I'm pretty surprised by your tone.
It has nothing to do with elite. We just don't like that track. Lot's of people here won't run Gresham because of walls... Lanier's way more walled in, and the track WAY less fun. People crash there every event. Plus we were up at Nashville last weekend.

We're not that desperate for events, many are recovering after the event heavy summer. I might end up there for another event someday, but it's just not a place I'm jones'n for.

Don't think we discount your dedication to drifting.
Roadkill
Ripe Meat

Post by Roadkill »

The elite thing was a direct quote from Erin. The tone is from the lack of replies. Thanks but no thanks, I'm busy that weekend, Go fuck yourself, I don't like walls etc would all have been acceptable replies but no replies makes me feel like I'm being shunned or ignored. I'm just trying to keep the drifting going until we get something better. I offered free track time and was just blown off. Yeah it ain't Nashville but it's better than being parked or street drifting.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

To add to what Tony said you have to understand the joking tone of everyone on this site. I'd think you know enough of us well enough to know that we're not poking fun at you for putting these events on. The elitist comment I guess is more of an inside joke than I thought.

A lot of people are scraping by just to pay the bills currently and the thought of crashing now seems worse than ever. Fact is if there were events at other safer venues you'd get most of us back out there but Lanier is just too much of a financial risk for most of us.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

martymartymarty.net and I were there supporting.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Here's the skinny on my situation..

I hate to say it.. but the my wife and I know that we are financially unable to replace my drift car if I wreck it so I try to stay away from events that have walls in run-off areas or bankings with walls.

I haven't driven anywhere near as much as I have wanted to for this year.. in fact.. I'm seriously contemplating selling my fucking car because I'm either working at events or I'm out of town for them. My car sits in my driveway with a dead battery and mold growing all over it. Honestly, this is all my own fault for taking on so much.

I've been traveling damn near every other weekend for Formula D working my ass off on Dennis' team.. and then on top of that my work as me traveling on the road non-stop for three weeks straight. So between that and trying spending time with my wife (whom I got married to in the beginning of September BETWEEN FD weekends).. I haven't had much time to myself or my family much less work/drift my cars. I don't see me putting together any events during these past 3 months since Marcos called it quits for the rest of this year.

I might work on my moped in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.. but that's about it.

I don't know where this elitist thing is coming from as you know you are part of this family as any of us are. We pretty muuhc all started together.

I've got a few words to say right now about your post but it's probably going to end up coming out in the same tone as yours.. disappointment. So I'll leave it at that.

I'm sorry that you feel like this....
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Don't think that your efforts go unappreciated.. they always are. You should know this.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

Howard the other thing is lately this board has been hella slow because of people just being busy with other stuff. so the traffic was way down. I didn't know there was a thread about Lanier events until I saw this thread
-dan
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Broken and Broke!
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

I hate excuses, I don't want to admit to them, but here they are:
I don't think I have the skills for that track
I don't think I have the car for that track
I just do not want to type that on every oval track with walls event thread
Despite that I know that you are working hard on these events and I appreciate your hard work
You've got the wrong answer
Roadkill
Ripe Meat

Post by Roadkill »

No, No, no, i TOTALLLLLY understand not getting on the track. Frankly It scares me too sometimes. I just thought I'd get more feedback. I've never made any threads that had zero replies.

After the demise of Southeastdrift I felt an enormous pressure to keep drifting alive. I wasn't sure my efforts were even being noticed. I guess with everyone being in the same boat ( I think it's the Titanic) we have all been a little less out going and a little self concerned.

Some of you guys came out and mingled with the crowd. The Party in the Pits is always pretty cool, but it has been lacking the certain coolness DM brings to the table.

Anyway, I'm feeling the Love coming back in the Drift community. I do appreciate you all taking the time to make me feel appreciated. We are having hard times here too and I guess I was feeling sorry for myself. (looks in the mirror and says get over it and slaps face)

I'm fine now. rather Elite, Nod / wink.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i skated with shawn at a drift event on saturday. i am not goood at skating.
please believe
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

i want to drive at one of theses but still trying to put a car back together.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Howard, as you know, I've got to much money and time invested in my truck to take a chance of putting it into a wall. I don't think that I would but there's still that chance. And I will never take on another project like the Datsun. It was just to much of a pain to do it all over again. My head still hurts just thinking about all those measurements and redo's on a lot of the parts I made.

I was wanting to come out to the last couple even if to just hang out. But it was either to late when I got finished with what I was doing or either I had something else planned. I was planning to see if you and Betty wanted to come out the the cabin in Helen with Kathy and I and Matt and Taylor but the day I was going to call was the day that you posted up this past weekends event. So I told Kathy that you had other plans and you wouldn't be able to make it out.

Don't sweat it man. We'll all be out during next season if only to hang out. We need to check in on that place you mentioned to me a little further north to see when it's gonna be available.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

yup I think everyone nailed it. I think the Lanier events are really fun for spectating. I've made 2 out of 4(?) so far and only missed this past one because we were in Nashville. I know I don't have the car for Lanier and its still my daily so walling it just isn't an option. We all appreciate your sincere efforts to support drifting in Atlanta. I know many new drivers have cut their teeth at track driving because of your effort.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae