DGTrials Southern Fried Slide ***IN ATLANTA*** Dec. 4th 2004

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

syn77
Stale Meat

DGTrials Southern Fried Slide ***IN ATLANTA*** Dec. 4th 2004

Post by syn77 »

90 bucks pre reg...149 at the gates. but i think it's gonna fill up since only 40 cars will run...

here is the info

http://dgtrials.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5799

so register asap!!! and i'll see u guys there!!!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

sweet, i'd been hearing rumors about this for some time but glad to see it happening!
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Too cool, too cool! Don't know if I can spare the cash right now though. At the very least I am going to spectate this one.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

RAWK! I'm preregistered!
FINALLY... an event I don't have to drive to the end of the Earth to get seat time at! Man, that feels good. No road trip, no hotel, no massive amounts of lacked sleep... don't get me wrong, that's what makes out-of-state events SOOO much fun, but it will definitely be nice to relax for this one. I'm stoked.

This is our chance to show everyone what Atlanta's all about.
Let's do this!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Pasted from Eugene's post on DGTrials

Post by andysapp »

quazar wrote:Image
Alright guys, we’ve wanted this for a long time. Its ‘bout time that the Dirty South and A-town got a chance to show everyone how we keep it sideways down in the Dirty-Dirty!

DGTrials is proud to present the FOERST open drift day in Atlanta!!

SOUTHERN FRIED SLIDE @ Turner Field’s Blue Lot.
“bring your napkins and hotsauce cause we’re gettin’ sideways”

Date: Saturday, December 4th, 2004
Place: Turner Field – Blue Lot; Atlanta, Ga.
Time: Gates Open 7:30AM - ???

REGISTRATION AND TECH: 7:30AM-9:30AM
DRIVERS MEETING: 9:45AM
DRIFTING: FOERST CAR ROLLS AS SOON AS MEETING IS OVER

Drivers: $90 Pre-registered or $145 at the gate (PREREGISTER DAMNIT!)
Spectators: $5 (insurance fees)
There will be uniformed APD officers present for crowd control. Do not mess around.

Professional Formula-D drivers, Erik Jocobs and Tony Schulz, will be available for driver instructing.

**** Pre-registration IS OPEN NOW! Paypal Address is: SALES@DGTRIALS.COM
Thanks Right, We're handling PREREG again so we can have a more accurate and up to date drivers list. DO IT. IF YOU DONT PREREG online, you WILL PAY $145 At the gate...WHY? BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO PREREG.

Pre-Registration closes on Dec, 3rd! If you PayPal after that, it will be refunded.

It was quite difficult for us to negotiate and get Turner Field’s Blue Lot. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, rolling burnouts on the track, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund.

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will be easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire thing.

NOTES:
1. There will be a 40 DRIVER MAX. To make sure that everyone gets PLENTY of seat time. ONCE WE’VE REACHED THE 40 DRIVER LIMIT THAT'S IT. DON'T COME TO THE GATE IF YOU'RE NOT REGGED.

2. ALL DRIVERS NEED TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 7:30-8:30AM. If you are paid and do not arrive by 8:30AM, your registration will not be accepted. This will be 100% enforced.

3. We will be being very strict on being timely..that means...I say tech ends at 9:30, it ends at 9:30. If youre not there and ready to go by then...Not my problem, other people were responsible enough to get there on time and don'tt have the patience to wait for the rest of you.

4. General tech inspection guidelines --
a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.

These are the basic tech requirements. Specific requirements are available at http://www.DGTrials.com/forms.php It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle passes tech, not ours. We will provide some assistance (read: very, very minimal), but the burden lies on your, the entrant. Pre-tech inspections will be available at BatlGround Engineering for $5 -- those dudes will give your car a once-over and make sure it'll pass. If not, they can offer you services to fix your car to MAKE it pass.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS AND SPONSOR INFORMATION.

Please direct any questions you have regarding the track, sponsorship, or the event in general to Eugene.Chou@Dgtrials.com or Dennis.Mertzanis@Dgtrials.com

Thank You,
Eugene
http://www.dgtrials.com
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

alright, just sent my money via paypal so it looks like i might actually make an event this year! :)
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Rock and roll, man!!! That's RAD! I'm stoked for you!
Hahaha... let's own some folks! We got the home field advantage.
:D
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

werd! i sorta need to get good FOERST, but i'll just wing it if i have to :).
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

well then you guys will need some DMs in the crowd to holla.....and get footage of course. so count me in.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

i'm in fo sho.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

andysapp wrote: no massive amounts of lacked sleep...
Right, like you sleep anyway.
Beans and cornbread.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Hahahaha! Lol, I suppose you're right.
When are they going to make sleep in pill form? I'd be all over that!
Or a clone would be nice!
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

i think me, patrick, and daniel are gonna come. And i think Daniel might be participating in his bad ass crownVic. I need to tell him to preregister.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Hell yeah, man! That would be waaay rad!
You guys gotta come out!
:D
Skidmark
Fresh Meat

Post by Skidmark »

Hmmmm, that sounds like fun. Only problem is, it's 2 days after my 21st birthday, hehe. I guess I'll show up if I'm still a.) alive b.) conscious c.) sober!