MBDrift Myrtle Beach Speedway 2011 Event Schedule

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

MBDrift Myrtle Beach Speedway 2011 Event Schedule

Post by Epik »

FOERST Event Sunday January 23rd $60.00 drivers/$10.00 spectators+$5.00 to ride along
Gates open at 9am
Tech starts at 10am
MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING at 12 noon
Drifting begins at 12:30pm track will be hot til Dusk

We WILL continue to be offered this venue this year, however it is still up in the air whether there will be a competition points series.

It is up to the drivers to prove that it is wanted by increasing attendance. The management of the MB Speedway is of the opinion that the competition Points series has done little to bring drivers to the events. While there has been a slight increase in spectators, driver count has been slightly above 10 drivers for the past several events last year. The hardcore regulars are appreciated very much and that is why this venue is still open to us, however the competition on such a small scale seems worthless for the amount of work it generates and demands.

I believe that the strength of the MB Speedway experience is in the no holds barred drifting that is permitted and encouraged here, with no cage or suit require for tandem, drift parade tandems and every other crazy thing that has happened here in the almost 5 years we have been doing this. I also believe that the timewasting that can occur in the midst of a competition event is a detriment to seat time that could be experienced in a true practice only event. Over the past few years there have been several other options that have become available for competition format, and it is difficult for a driver to commit financially to compete in multiple series consistently. This may be part of the reason for reduced attendance. With the loss of local venues in the Atlanta and SE Ga areas we may experience an influx of those drifters looking to get their fix, only time will tell. I believe that a competition format would be a deterrent to that happening however.

We have seen such great progression of new drifters with the open environment at MB Speedway, and hope to continue to see more new drifters as well as the hardcore locals and regulars coming out for the MB Drift Experience.

Without further wait

MB Drift 2011

Jan 23rd
Feb 27
Mar 20
Apr 17
May 23
Jun 12
July 10
Aug 14
Sept 11
Oct 9
Nov 6
Dec 4

While these are the dates for sure, the decision on competition is not set in stone, and at least one member of the local MB crew has sugggested a poll to gather info that can be presented in favor or against a Points competition.

We have given this a lot of thought and if you have anything positive to offer.. in an intelligent and legible manner, then please..discuss. Do not let this post degenerate into the useless crap and postwhoring that has been the norm on this site lately.

The most important thing to remember is, this is not the loss of a venue, which has become so common in the drifting world. This is an opportunity to take away the stigma of competition that is preventing new drivers from "stepping across that line".

above all. Keep Drifting Fun..or else

I just posted this on our main forum, figured you guys may be interested since the loss of SEDA events down there.. if we stay with just a practice format, $60.00 events.. if the decision is made to go to comp format again.. $75.00, but the chance to win back your entry fee (or more) is there.. Me? i just wanna drift.. screw comps, I do want to hit up the pro-am at road atlanta this year however, just to drive that track.. finally. :headbang:

for track info and location see http://www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com

Erin has been here, Tony Shorts has been here.. why havent YOU been here?
MBDrift's 1997 German Miata