Bringing Back TURNER FIELD Events

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Roadkill
Ripe Meat

Bringing Back TURNER FIELD Events

Post by Roadkill »

Donations and sponsorships can be made at:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 7E1C10884A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:headbang: :headbang: Bringing Back TURNER FIELD Events! :headbang: :headbang:

DRIFT Turner Field again AT LAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the past year, everywhere I go people are asking me if we can go back to Turner Field. My answer has always been no. After the success of the Thomson Airport event we reconsidered the possibility.

Chad Copeland, Chris Rhoad and Myself ( Mostly Chad) have successfully negotiated with Turner Field to be able to put on 3 events before the end of the year. We have the approval of Turner Field and the Fire Marshall. We have a lock on 3 dates the FOERST being in August so we have to work fast.

:asianslay: :teethslay: :slayer: Applaud now, High 5 the closest person to you, Celebrate with adult beverages etc. :victoria: :slayer2: :slayer: :headbang:

OK, Back to the serious stuff.

Why are we doing this? -
1) The obvious answer is that people want this. The place is legendary in the drifting community.
2) With the economy what it is, it has been increasingly more difficult for drivers to afford the cost of out of town events. Tires, entry fees + hotels, gas and meals really add up.
3) Bringing back these events will help out the local shops. More reasons to build a drift car, upgrade and even repair your vehicle.
4) This is the best way to bring the Drift Community back together and party like we used to.

We need to raise some money ( remember that green stuff we all used to have ) to pay for insurance, Lot Rental, Perimeter fencing, Jiffy Johns, etc. All of these costs are to be paid in advance.

We are looking for sponsors that might contribute to the cause. Shops, teams, individuals etc.

Sponsor perks and levels:

1) Title Sponsor - $1500
Perks:A) Your Logo on all Printed and E Material and Tee Shirts for the event series
B) Booth and Display space at all of the events this year and next.
C) Your Banners ( provided by you ) displayed on track and at the track entrance.
D) 1 driver admission and 4 spectator passes per event for the 3 events this year ( if you don't drive this
package may at your discression be given away in a pre event rafflle ).
E) 1st offer for title sponsorship of the following years events.

2) Shop level sponsor - $500
Perks:A) Your name of company name will appear on the FOERST edition Staff Tee Shirts and event shirts that will be for sale.
B) Booth and Display space at all of the events this year.
C) 1 driver admission and 4 spectator passes to the FOERST event. This level will also get you FOERST shot at the
registration list ( limit 1additional driver). These events will sell out in less than 24 hours, ( The Thomson
Airport Drift event was sold out in 12 hours )
3) Individual Sponsor - $125
Perks: A ) Your name of company name will appear on the FOERST edition Staff Tee Shirts and event shirts that will be for sale.
B) This level will also get you FOERST shot at the registration list ( limit 1additional driver). These events will sell out in
less than 24 hours, ( The Thomson Airport Drift event was sold out in 12 hours )

4) Donations - anything from $Spare Change$ to your children's inheritance.
Perks: A) you get that warm and fuzzy feeling of doing something good for the drift community, and the sincere thanks
from all attending these events.

Ok, by now your asking yourself, " where is all of this money going?".

We have a Simple Business Plan:
This is a not for profit organization. Every dollar goes to the expenses of the operation. Anything left over will be invested in equipment for running the events, Radios, Canopies, Cones etc. After that we keep enough money on hand to fund the events
and work on lowering the drivers cost. Everyone pays to drive, including staff.

I already have pledges from a few people and shops. As they are confirmed I will amend this FOERST post with their names.

PM me for more details on how to help out.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Event Sponsors are as follows:

Title Sponsors: Competition Clutch

Shop Sponsors:
GTE ( Gran Turismo East )
R&D performance ( Turbo Dave )
DRIFTMECHANIKS

Individual Sponsors
Max Spurlin
Sir Alexander Grant
Ryan Alexander
Last edited by Roadkill on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Re: Bringing Back TURNER FIELD Events

Post by Mischif »

FOERST off, stoked.

Secondly, why did negotiations with Turner stop in the FOERST place? Was the condo community bitching too much?
Dr. Marlow wrote:i take in crons and spit out dick rides
Greg wrote:the pink hole isn't big enough, although I do fancy a little rumpy pumpy.
Black Guy wrote:See that WPS in the background? Stands for white people shit. Not my problem.
mischivous::home
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

Mischif wrote: Was the condo community bitching too much?
even if they were, they had a valid point.

would you want, lets say, a monster truck event next to your house on a regular basis?

I love Turner Field events, but it is in the city near where people do live.

Howard, let me know if I can help in any way.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

If the condos were there before the Turner Field events started I'd agree with you, but from what I've heard they were built in like 2008.
Greg wrote:the pink hole isn't big enough, although I do fancy a little rumpy pumpy.
Black Guy wrote:See that WPS in the background? Stands for white people shit. Not my problem.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

I'm not going to argue with you, but this is a parking lot, not a race track, if it were then I would agree with you.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

Okay, you got me there.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Greg wrote:I'm not going to argue with you, but this is a parking lot, not a race track, if it were then I would agree with you.
While I agree with greg's sentiment I can see where Mischief is coming from. They chose to live right next to a MAJOR venue that draws lots of traffic and pretty much always has some sort of satellite event going on either the same time as a game or during the off-season. They don't appear to have bitched enough about the autocross they hold there every month (that attracts much more traffic than any of the turner events I've been to) that the local chapter had to find a new location.

All that aside, I think the main reason was just that it cost too much to put on for the amount of traffic that was rolling through the event. Maybe now that Chad, Chris and Howard have worked something out with Turner we'll see something change in that.

Of course this goes without saying, but a big thanks goes to you guys for getting out there and making these events happen. Having taken part in the planning and execution of several public events myself I know how strenuous the whole ordeal can be.

Can't wait to go out to Turner again. :headbang: :headbang:
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

if you move next to a major sporting venue like Turner, you accept the traffic and noise of the baseball games, if you move close to an airport you accept the noise of planes landing.

I'm 99% sure that the condos are why the autocrosses are held in the green lot and not in the gold lot anymore. the gold lot was a lot more fun and challenging than the flat green lot, and mufflers are required.

that's all that needs to be said about this, YAY for Turner Field events!!!
syn77
Stale Meat

Post by syn77 »

Greg wrote:YAY for Turner Field events!!!
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Agreed.
syn77 wrote:
Greg wrote:YAY for Turner Field events!!!
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

this goes on the team rowdy blog tomorrow. thanks for the hard work guys.

howard, what's your email?
please believe
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

YES!
Of all the events I'm been too there I have only driven there once
This is also perfect timing for my potential move to the atl!
I will donate some cash when I get paid next for sure
Yay!
You've got the wrong answer
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

great job guys, thank you. In to help out and drive.

I hope you guys have a cool name for this. :mrgreen:
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Roadkill
Ripe Meat

Post by Roadkill »

Open to suggestions on the name. Has to be something unique and new.
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

How about something like the south will rise again