I know a lot of us have rifles and pistols

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

I know a lot of us have rifles and pistols

Post by jsquared »

Anyone interested in this course? Have heard some good things about Will and his classes, met him a few times and he is a good guy.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showth ... p?t=115604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On 03/31/2012 at South River Gun Club located in Covington, Cost is $125, this includes the $25 range fee (previous students pm me for your cost) course will be 6-8hrs long, beginning at 1000-1600

This course will focus on more combative style shooting techniques to prepare you for a real engagement through the use of various excercises and scenarios
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Re: I know a lot of us have rifles and pistols

Post by CodyW »

Ahhh, why can't it be a different day! I'm doing a 5K that morning already (and if not, I wanted to do the precision rifle class from one of the other local guys).

If for some reason he changes dates (or if we want to holler at him about a private day, pretty sure he does those) I'm 100% in. I've heard good stuff about his classes and that sounds exactly like what I'd like to get some training in.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Yep me too, sounds exactly like what Im looking for. Would be totally down for a private day too, I will PM him and see what he says.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Awesome, thanks for hitting him up!

Wish I could make that one but maybe we can get our own little thing organized for something in that same price range, I'm super interested.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Yeah I don't think I'd be able to make it, either. March is stupid packed for me. April would probably work well, though.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Just got a PM back from him, pricing would be about the same as a group class, around 100-125 per person depending on what needs to be set up for the course. Just need to figure out who can make it, and when we want to have it, so he can schedule it with SRGC in advance. April works for me, lets think about a date and get this together.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

[html]

Heck yea, that sounds awesome!
<br><br>
On the contrary to March, my April is kinda filling up already but I think free the weekends of the <del>14th</del> and 21st (assuming he typically does Saturdays, that'd probably be the best for me). The 7th might also be open but one of my friends from Australia is in town for a week during that time and that might be the only weekend I hang with her (unless she already has plans with some other friends/family here, then that one might be open too).
<br><br>
Actually, now that I think about it, I may even be good on the 28th as well if it came down to it. I'll be out of town for work the few days before it, but if I get out of TN early enough on Friday night (the 27th) I might be home in time. I'd probably be going on not as much rest though so that'd be my last choice.
<br><br>
EDIT: Crap, Apr. 14 is out, realized I do have some stuff going on that day.
<br><br>
Maybe the 21st still?

[/html]
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Still kinda far off, but any word on if April 21 might work out? I keep thinking of how fun this sounds and I think that's still my only totally free weekend for ages. Just thought I'd check in case the dude needs lots of time or anything.

Also, talked to Erin the other day and he might be down as well. Not sure of his schedule but maybe it'll work out.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Shit I totally forgot about this! Will get with the dude and see about the scheduling/pricing.
siccccckkkkkkkk
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

I'll go ahead and clear that weekend.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

havent had a chance to ask homeboy about this, been super busy all weekend and have a crazy ass schedule this week for work.

HOWEVER

Decker and I are going to hit up a 3-gun match in Augusta this weekend if anyone else wants to go. Its an "outlaw" match meaning there arent any rules for red dot sights or shotgun mods or pistol specs or anything, any pistol/rifle/shotgun combo is good. It is from 9-5 on Saturday at Pinetucky gun club in Augusta. Supposed to be really noob friendly.

We are going to head up Friday and camp, then go to the match Saturday morning. Let me know if anyone is interested.

You will need:

- Pistol with a legit OWB holster.
- 100-200 rounds of pistol ammo
- At least 3 pistol mags
- Dual pistol mag pouch for your belt, although you could just stuff them in your pockets too or rig something up if you dont have pouches

- Rifle, sling is a plus also
- 100-200 rounds of rifle ammo
- At least 2 rifle mags (although this competition isnt going to have any rifle mnagazine changes unless you miss or mess up, everything will be under 30 rounds per stage apparently

- Shotgun (hi capacity is better, keeps you from reloading so much)
- 50-100 rounds of birdshot and 10 slugs
- A few shotgun mags if you are shooting a Saiga
- Pouch to hold shotgun ammo, or ammo clips, or just stuff them in a cargo pocket

- Ears/Eyes, and regular range gear

Will get more specifics on the ammo requirements when it becomes available. Let me know if anyone wants to go!!
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

That sounds awesome but I get the awesome task of working at the AJC auto show all day Saturday for the Jeep bro job :(.

Really curious to hear how it goes though, those sound super fun. I'd need to get some pistol mag pouches and either another shotgun (or more mags for the Saiga .410 I guess) but I'd love to try one eventually.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Sounds good man, will let you know how it goes. A buddy of mine runs these events at Pinetucky and said they are really good for people just getting into three gun. not too strict on IDPA rules and what not, so no need to buy specialized euipment, just kinda go and have fun with what ya got.
siccccckkkkkkkk
Zenkis14
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Zenkis14 »

That sounds like fun!
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Should be a good time! Illegal woods camping and guns mix so well :)
siccccckkkkkkkk