I know a lot of us have rifles and pistols

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Zenkis14
Imitation Crab Meat

Re: I know a lot of us have rifles and pistols

Post by Zenkis14 »

Wish I lived close enough to the ATL to make it!
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Wish I had a shotty to run. And time this weekend to do it :lol:

Gonna be running the tech dept. for a convention this weekend downtown. Already pulling my hair out over it. Gonna make next week feel so much better. -___-
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

yeah I know its short notice, Decker and I are going to switch off a lot of equipment between the two of us to make it through. Have my shotgun all disassembled and packed up ready for cerakote so FOERST things FOERST gotta put that back together haha.
siccccckkkkkkkk
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Yeah, that might put a hamper on things :lol:
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Got it together last night, good as slightly used! Would have been nice to get the new bead on by this weekend, saving that for after coating though :(
siccccckkkkkkkk
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Deets for the match this weekend in case anyone wants to come last minute! We are getting a hotel now so it should be real low key, lots of cuddling and stuff <3

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.p ... pic=147967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
siccccckkkkkkkk
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Hey so the pistol/carbine class is next weekend, and I am kinda wanting to either get this class or another private one together soon if possible. heres what he said re: private classes
Yeam bro, I do private courses and I actually prefer it that way as it keeps the time moving on and less "hold ups" lol. When were you thinking about, on a weekday or weekend ? The only hang up is with location. I have to send off a request and get it approved at SRGC and Barrow County Sheriffs Dept and then pay to have one of their reps there, so private courses can be a little tricky. But, for you and your buddies, I wouldnt charge you what I would others, so aslong as I can pay the fees and cover my costs and a steak dinner, I can help you out. The place in Athens will not let me shoot doors, cars etc , so that's why Im limited to those two other courses.

Now, in April, im doing a CQB course with a shoot house if it's completed, so maybe then maybe it could work out. I will limit that class to 10, as it is more demanding, but what you will learn in 3/31 will carry over and add on in April.

Just to give you an idea, I have to pay $25per person in range fees, plus the doors, ammo and gas at each lesson.
Then, I have to pay, depending on lenght of course, a fee to the range's rep (either deputy or RSO) for them to assist with the course and for their presence that can easily run $100 or more.
So if there is a total of 4 people, the min I could charge would be $50per person, just to cover range fee and the local range rep. Then, add in my ammo, targets, equipment, gas and other expenses, the total could be around $75pp-100pp, close to the same as a larger course, so there would be little markup for ya'll.

Just get with them, find a day and time, and I will be able to get a better idea. Or, if you know someone with land that we can shoot on, ask them and ill come out and do the course there, that would save alot from range fees and range reps.
The weekend of the 13th is out for me, have a trip planned i forgot about haha. What about later on in the month, would give me time to get some gear together.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I think the one next weekend is filled up, might be wrong on that though. I'm still doing the 5k run that day too so that one's out for me either way :(.

I think my only free April weekend is Saturday the 21st. I've got my calendar penciled in on that one in the event he can do it then. If not, I have a couple of Sundays that might be open (the 15th and 29th) but a Saturday seems like it would be way better.

If he can do the 21st I'm 100% in. Other than that, I stay crazy slammed until late May (weddings, Formula D, hopefully Cumberland, etc) and would have to wait a while.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Hmm are you maybe in Foo? Wondering how large of a group we would need, if 3 is enough. Will have to ask him.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Think Erin may have some interest if he's in town that weekend too.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

jsquared wrote:Hmm are you maybe in Foo? Wondering how large of a group we would need, if 3 is enough. Will have to ask him.
I should be good that weekend, let me double check.
f00tography
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Just sent him a PM on the ODT, Decker is in too so we have the 4 minimum! Pretty stoked for this. Trying to figure out the ammo sitch lol.
jsquared wrote:
willr1 wrote:
jsquared wrote:Hey man only have a few peeps interested in a class so far, probably 3-4 with 1 or 2 more maybes lol. What is your minimum for shooters for a private day at either of your three spots? Its hard to get people interested when most people want to shoot something specific like a bolt 700 and me wanting to shoot shotgun and pistol, but I think either a pistol/carbine class or a mixup would both work equally for us. Shots over 100 yards would be awesome even with ARs, we dont have access to anything longer regularly. Also some pistol work would be really good. And maybe some steel for my shotty! :) We have April 21st cleared for shooting of some sort so if that works for you let me know, really wish i could make the class this weekend, it sounds killer. have fun/be safe
I like to do min of 4 when I use one of the ranges that I can have to myself, 2 people if I use the one in Athens as I do not have a private lane there and have to share with other members. The course that is the closest is the easiest to have wide open with a rifle range that is being up to 200yrds and I can do a "3 gun" type of course that will be very brief. As far as the cost, it depends on the length of time, my usual rate is 4hr/$75 and full day course is $125 plus any range fee, but ODT members I take $25off. As far as steel, I use car doors etc for the shotgun as I have had a few too many "close calls" with people using bird shot and even some 00 ricocheting around the range so I try to stick with paper targets for those. On 4/21 I am suppose to go to Road Atlanta for motorcycle race, but the 21/28 are my only two free weekends to do classes so Im trying to go Sun 22nd for the second race. Let me know for sure how many definents so I can reserve the range and I have to submit a course approval so the rangmeaster can make sure Im not doing stupid stuff that can get them sued lol
Sounds good man, if you are free the 21st (or rescheduling the race for the 22nd I mean) we are down to schedule a class on the 21st. We could do at least 4 people, probably 5 I would say. I dont want to limit your classes by saying "I want this type of course", would rather learn a bunch so any courses you want to throw at us we are game. Single gun drills work just as well as multi-gun, dont feel like we have to have some kind of 3gun course going to be happy.

Its kinda like what I said with all of us having different styles. I like shooting shotgun lately (just tried my new barrel/chokes with birdshot at 12,25 and 30 yards and am addicted to it now haha), another few guys are big on precision rifle right now, and me and another dude are starting in three gun. A good mix of everything would work the best for us I think. I think a class focusing mostly on carbine and pistol courses of fire with safe transitions and interesting engagements would suit us just fine. Definitely willing to leave my shotgun at home if thats what it takes!! If you do have a place where we could take a few 200 yard shots that would rock, but if not its no biggie.

Things I know we all have available are carbines with slings, pistols with holsters, and ammo carriers for these with lots of mags. I would love to get some cover/movement and buddy drills going, these dudes are my squad should the meth addict zombies come around haha.

Anyway just let me know what youre thinking, I talked to the guys yesterday and reconfirmed the 21st as being open. If that works for you lets hook this up!
Found a few short vids from a previous class:

siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Sweet, all of that sounds awesome! Hope he can get us in for sure that day, I'm super excited.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

I may sit out of some of the pistol stuff. If I were to do any training like this I'd do it with the FiveseveN and I don't have the funds to get a buttload of ammo for it right now. And on top of that the Steyr is at the mothership getting some warranty work done on it so there's no telling when I'll see that back. :cry:
f00tography
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I can bring the P22 if you at least want to play around with something (and don't want to spend much ammo money) :).