April S 2 Review

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Roadkill
Ripe Meat

April S 2 Review

Post by Roadkill »

Thanks to everyone that made these events possible. It was totally a team effort.

Thanks go out to all of the staff who volunteered their time to go to meetings and get to the track at 7am to set up, Worked the track all day and help clean up at the end of the day. You guys did great. Chris Adams headed up the team and kept things moving, Sebastian and Mickey chasing cones and hyping the crowd with the "Style Flag". Justin for keeping the start box going. What a crew!
Thanks also to Emergency Medical Services ( EMT's) and my buddy John Tobaben for providing the Firemen for the event. And Chad and Kathy Copeland for keeping the gate running. Michelle and Justin Rice for helping at the gate and on the track.
Don't forget Betty, Bailey, Dan and Kim for feeding us and keeping the drinks cold.

Sponsors:
This could not have even got off of the ground without you.

NOS Energy Drinks - Thanks for keeping the staff and crowd refreshed and energized, And all for free!

The Shop Sponsors -
Tiger Racing - (Sammy rebuild my SR 20 to Bullet Proof Status).
Turbo Dave ( R&D Automotive).
Batlground
Tyler Clayton
Competition Clutch
Enjuku Racing . com

Manhattan Pizza -
Thanks for giving us a place to have out meetings and the great food. My guys will not eat on event days because they know we have our post event meeting at Manhattan NY Pizza!
And last but not least all of the guys at GTE, Gran Turismo East!

We will be back on May 13th. Mothers Day. All Mothers get in free.
________________________________________________________________________________

My comments:

Stop box

You guys did great. Thanks for complying with this. This shows great car control as well as
self control.

Wrist Bands

We had to chase down quite a few people to get them to sign in but all were FOERST timers at
the event and didn't know the procedure and either signed in or left the area.

The crowd

I didn't have to deal with any unruly or intoxicated people at this event! FANTASTIC!!!! I want people to have fun but not to the point where they bother other people. A family atmosphere is our goal. This was one of the most friendly gatherings of a large crowd I have been involved with in a long time. People of all ages ( 3 generations of several familys in attendance ) Parents watching their kids on track and even Kids watching their parents on track.
_________________________________________________________________________________
We want to know what you think.
Sooooooo...... How did we do?

Competitions:

Did you like the competitions being added to the event? Should we do them again in the
future?

Parking:

I know parking across the street is a pain in the a#$ but it make the pit area much easier
to navigate. And no one parking in your pit while your on the track.

Anything else that's on your mind regarding the events or suggestions, post it up please. These comments are what has made our events what they are today.

Thanks again to all who attended as spectators, Drivers, Crew, Staff and Sponsors! - Howard
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
Greg
Muscle Milk

Re: April S 2 Review

Post by Greg »

enjoyed the event, would go again.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

My only issue with parking across the street is that the police barriers block the sidewalks so when you cross you have to either hop the fence right across from the main gate, or walk in the street and risk getting hit by oncoming traffic. I don't know if we have any control over those but if they could be placed in a little bit so there's at least some room to walk (I know people like to hang out there and watch that haven't paid for the event) that would be nice so people don't have to play frogger when crossing the road. It also makes it really hard to see oncoming traffic when pulling out of either lot (at least in a mildly lowered car). Still a minor issue in my book.

I liked the competitions but I think they could have been a bit more structured (ie team names for tandem, entry cap for the wild entry competiton, etc). I think a lot of the confusion with those two events came with the number of runs that each person got changed every few minutes.

All in all, though. Awesome event. Things went smoothly, no one got hurt, and everyone seemed to have a good time.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I thought everything was great. I thought the wild entry contest was a bit unsafe. There were a couple cars that I was sure were going to end up in the street or in the crowd. I could do without that contest. Team tandem was good. All-in-all, I had a BLAST and I'm still exhausted haha!
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

comps need to be more structured for sure. I'd rather see a competition day instead of a practice day with a impromptu-like comp at the end. I like the idea of a comp that non caged guys can compete in but I think andy's right, the wild entry might be too much liability at Turner. other then that great event. tar was mostly gone and just have to keep burning off that teflon sealant. :)
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Contests need to be laid out ahead of time. Wild entry is cool but we need to develop a single turn that is truly conducive to pulling that off while keeping clear of the crowd. Judging needs to be solely on speed and angle of entry with one front clip to hit. It is good to have a contest that can be done by the un-caged folks for sure. I think maybe stick to one form of contest per event though, it's a bit much to squeeze in both.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Good events overall.. the comp should be a little more structured. Some teams in team tandem got hot laps while others had to wait..
The Wild Entry competition was a little bit scary and I told a couple of my friends to not sit on the curb for it. About 2-3 minutes later, Devin's Corolla comes blasting towards the crowd. haha.

Also.. it was a little bit of a bummer that T1's run times for the FOERST two sessions were cut short from 20 minutes to 10.
While I understand cutting into T1's times because we usually go quick.. but cutting the run times in 1/2 for two sessions really killed the amount of runs that we were able to get.

All in all.. great events. Thanks to all the people with S2 for putting on fun events.
Roadkill
Ripe Meat

Post by Roadkill »

There was supposed to be a cap on the comps. Agreed it didn't go as planned. It was a learning experience for us. Team Tandem runs went well but somehow people thought wild entry meant fastest entry. The FOERST T 1 run was 15 min and the second one should have been real close to the full run. I'll extend the FOERST T 1 run to 30 min on the May event.

The police barriers are put up by Turner, we can't move them. If you walk down to the Gate by Registration you can cross safely.

The reason we put up these threads is for your feedback. Good points have been addressed and we WILL improve.
Howard
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!